The Story Of Valen

Week 5

A week has passed by since the royals visited the holding cells. Bose thought that any information coming from Ken could be unreliable, so he decided not to stress himself over the matter. He's been in a jail cell for ten years, staring at concrete walls, not seeing the light of day, and most likely losing his sanity. Who would believe someone like that?

"What if he is telling the truth?" The girl worried.

Mika. Mika Macklin would.

"Mika, I'm sure you're just overthinking this."

Overthinking? Mika does many things, but overthinking is not one of them. If Ken was being truthful, that means Blood Bash and Diamond were ahead of the couple by a long shot. That alone made the young girl sick to her stomach.

"I don't think I am. Ken said if Diamond is missing, then they are right on schedule! They are slowly killing off our bloodline, and we must stop them."

"How."

Mika walks up to her doubtful partner.

"By believing Ken and dissecting everything he said. He could give us clues, and we don't even know it."

"I-"

The door opens, cutting the Prince off and revealing the voice of the ginger-curled Atticus. As another pair of footsteps came behind him, it was apparent his younger sister had joined him as well.

"Someone's at the door!"

"Thanks, bud."

Bose picked up the boy thanking him for cutting that conversation short while Mika rolled her eyes in annoyance. It was evident that the discussion at hand wasn't her boyfriend's cup of tea. The young royal opens the door seeing his mother at the door. The woman looked solemn, holding a portfolio that caught the interest of the young couple.

"Mother. What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk now."

It had been two weeks since the young prince had spoken to his mother, so seeing her at the door was quite a surprise. Mika watched as Bose stepped silently aside to allow his mother to enter. You could feel the awkwardness overflowing the room; it was so apparent. The kids exit the living room per the royals' order while the trio sits on the couch.

"So what brings you to our home unannounced, if I may ask Celia?"

"Angela informed me about your little trip to the holding cells. I know meeting Ken must have shaken you up and, in a way, gave you a reality check. So I thought I could help you guys."

The mother watched as her son didn't dare to look at her. She knew it was because she snapped at him. But what mother could live with themselves knowing their child feels detached from you? Celia Obrien wasn't the best mother, and she knew that. But that didn't mean she couldn't become a better one.

"Son, please look at me."

Bose meets the eyes of his pleading mother.

"Why are you here?" The son asked.

"To say I'm sorry. Sorry for snapping at you a couple of weeks ago and for not telling you why we don't attend missions anymore."

The youthful couple watched the stoic woman's emotions shift. For the first time in eighteen years, they finally see the mother cry. It was like seeing indestructible glass shatter before the duo's eyes. What could possibly be so heart-wrenching that it broke the unbreakable?