Normal Day (2)

Mika's POV

Week 3

We are currently eating lunch when Atticus starts a conversation.

"Can I ask you guys something?"

"Of course!" I say.

"Sure." Bose says.

"Can we stargaze tomorrow night...you know...like a family?" Atticus asks.

A family...Atticus sees us as his family.

"Um...sure bud, we can stargaze tomorrow as a group." Bose says.

"Atti, what made you want to stargaze?" I ask.

"Mommy and I do it every weekend but we can't do it together this weekend. So I wanted to know if you guys wanted to do it with me...that way I won't have to be alone." Atticus says.

I feel bad for Atti since it wasn't his choice to be separated from his mom so if stargazing would allow him to feel more at home then...I'll do it.

"Well don't worry sweetheart...we'll be right by your side tomorrow night." I say.

Atticus smiles at my response.

"Thanks, Ms.Mika!" Atticus says.

"Your welcome buddy." I say.

I'm happy we are finding things to make these nights more memorable for the kids...somebody deserves to enjoy this rollercoaster called life.

"How about we have a movie night tonight?" I ask.

"I'm in." Bose says.

"I love movies...mostly the ones I pick!" Atticus says.

"Movie!" Addi cheers.

"That means we can build a big blanket fort!" I cheer.

"What's a blanket fort?" Atticus asks.

How does a child not know the magnificence of the blanket fort building?

"It's a house that we make out of blankets and pillows." Bose says.

"We all get into onesies, play games, watch movies, and eat snacks!" I exclaimed.

The kids looked at me fascinated by the curiosities of the blanket fort building.

"Ok kids, finish your sandwiches." Bose says.

"Forget lunch...I want to hear more about the blanket fort!" Atticus says.

What can I say...blanket forts are remarkable.

10 minutes later...

After the kids finally finished lunch, I brought Atticus to his room to finish up school for the day. Addi was with Bose helping him clean off the table and do the dishes.

"Ms.Mika, I can't wait to make a blanket fort tonight!"

"Me too Atti but school comes first so let's sign you back on with your tutor." I say.