III : Red Velvet

Two days later.

Another school week has started and as usual, he was late. He is always late. Even twelve years later he still can't wake up on time. He pisses me off so much. Ten minutes later I see a car arriving, it's probably his. I start waving at him. The car approaches then I see it's a blue one, the same model from the race. That's impossible. Am I that blind? I check my phone but my battery died. The car stops right before me. The windows roll down, I see a man with dark curly hair and glasses, plus a smell of cigarettes in the car. It's him.

"Does the princess in distress need a ride?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Why was he here? He opened the door.

"Is that what you wanted, you can enter now princess. "

"I don't know you. I-I am not entering some stranger's cars. "

"Oh, my mistake. I'm Ash" His smile was bright. "Eighteen-year-old racer trouble boy at his lost hour and..." He pursued.

Without saying anything I enter the car and closed the door.

"Let's go."

I ordered firmly looking at my watch.
He laughed and started the engine.

We arrived at school in only fifteen minutes. I rushed out of the car screaming:

"Did you want to kill me, bastard? "

He smirked and then answered:

I'd have tried a better method. He was approaching me slowly. Then he gave me the backpack that I left in the car without realizing it, then kissed my cheek.

"Have a good day princess."

He whispered while walking away living me in shock.

Later in the evening.

I was waiting for Joshua to finish his baseball practice but as I was sitting on the bleachers my thoughts wandered. Since this morning it occupies all my thoughts. My cheeks ignite, and I touch them with my hands to cool them. I take a deep breath and then decide to go for a walk while waiting. I wonder if he'll come to tonight's race. Oh no, no. I shook my head in disbelief. Finally, this gym freak comes and we both go home together. It's glad to return to our old habits. The driver was silent until he decided to ask.

"Was she cute ?"

He did his little jump on my shoulders.

"She-who ?"

"That someone who drove you to school this morning. You seem to be still thinking about it. You got her number at least..."

" It was a he."

"Oh, you still can can't you?".He smirked.

"Not interested."

"Really? I will believe it for now." Ending the conversation with a note of - I don't believe that but I'll let it slide this time.

After that, he changed the subject and started to talk about his practice today. He was always so enthusiastic about it. Thanks to him I was always up to date when it comes to the school's latest gossip. Recently Ted cheated on Jane the most wanted girl at school. Such a shame.

Twenty minutes later we arrived at my house. Right in front of the mailbox a blue car was parked...looked similar. Was it the same as the race? What is he doing here?

I approached and knocked on his window, he looked at me while smiling offering me a bite of his red velvet cake.
I refused by shaking my head, I was really in a bad mood to refuse it.
He took the bite and said :

"I will need your help."

"What for ?" I replied as I
crossed my arms on my chest.

"Let me explain it to you later."

He blew me a kiss and then started his engine before driving away. When I turned around I was startled Joshua was right behind me from his look I could tell he had already figured out everything. Although he doesn't say until walk to the front door, before parting away to return to each other's house.

_________________________________________

Thank you for reading !!!

What could Ash want from Matthew? Do you think he should accept or avoid him?

Also would you like to know what do our characters look like?
I will introduce them soon enough patience.

I am looking forward to reading your comments.

See you next week.
Vicky❤️