XXV : Past

Silver barely has time to bandage me when a crash is heard. We are startled by the screams coming from downstairs . Although I want to get up I can't since the pain is progressively starting again. The minute I move my foot a cramp seizes my leg up to my toes I have to bite the pillow to stifle my cry. A few minutes after Silver got off I can't hear anything. Would he calm down the situation? No, the only thing that could justify such silence is if everyone is dead. Although I hope not. Oh, what am I talking about? Is the pain making me lose my mind?

I lean slightly on the wall to rest a little. yet I can't. I still haven't digested what just happened. Kim has just lost his composure, one of his most emblematic character traits. It was scary, indeed. For a moment my body completely stiffened. Just his deep voice echoing down the halls and through the walls was enough to give me goosebumps.
While reminiscing about the previous minutes I receive a text from my mom. That is even scarier.

Mom: Aren't you coming home?

I check the time, it was that late already. That will be such a pain to drive all the way home. The painkiller hasn't shown any effects yet.

Matthew: I am on my way man. Don't worry.

Mom: Get home now. Or I'll reserve you something.

It's been a while since she hasn't threatened me. Back then when Ricky was still here he would always defend me, even taking the blame for me when I messed up which happened quite often. I didn't like to see him suffer because of me although I couldn't help not disobeying. Everything was about rules after dad left. To maintain her job, we had to grow up in two hours, and be more responsible and mature. Ricky did it perfectly. Meanwhile, I was doing the complete opposite. After his death, something strange happened. Mom just kept focusing on her work, barely paying any attention to anything else. Didn't matter if I stayed late, or where I was. As soon as I got home before she did. No more rules and I quickly got used to it. After all, I was seeking that period all my life. Don't know if my brother would be proud of not of my current behavior. What I am sure of is that he would not have judged me, he never did. He will surely ask if that does make him happy. Does it make you happy? I don't have the answer to it now. I hope I could figure it out.

Soon after my retrospective monologue, they come back. I tell them I have to go home but as expected Silver doesn't agree. To my amazement, it was Kim who offered to drive me. Strange. After all, if he is in a charitable state today. Who am I to refuse him? Whereas I struggle to get out of bed he casually heads for the door, without even offering to help me or looking at me. Maybe I asked a little too much.

I still manage to go down the steps thanks to the support of my real guardian angel Silver. He at least does not render services halfway. For proof, he even installs me in the car. I thank him warmly. To tell the truth I am grateful to him since the day he asked me to lend him my wheel or I don't remember what. I would never have thought that we would have to speak for more than two seconds. Seems that I might have been wrong about him.
I wave at him before the car takes off. As I was not aware of the sudden change of speak I was violently thrown forward. Fortunately, I had already buckled my seatbelt. I look at Kim.

" Are you insane?"

I didn't expect a particular answer, however, he told me in a low tone.

"The address."

Did he dare ignore my question? Changing the subject like that. I pretend to ignore it. He slams on the brakes throwing me forward again but this time I say nothing. I pretend not to understand what is happening and remain serene and impassive as he does so well. He will not win this time. his hands are shaking at the wheel, he can hardly contain his annoyance. He breathes deeply before resuming in a calmer tone.

"What's your address?"

I am watching him. Something is missing.

"I'm doing you a favor here..." I look away since he's playing dumb.

"OK, I'm out."

He parks the car and begins to undo his seat belt. Is he serious? He's going to leave me alone again. But this time in the middle of a deserted road. I rush to tell him the address. He sits back down, starts the car, and resumes driving as if nothing had happened. If I wasn't in pain from my sore ankle, I would not have given up. A favor he said... It was partly because of him that I twisted my ankle.

I lean my head on the glass to rest a little. my eyes slowly close and my body relaxes as it goes. he starts talking, probably thinking that I dozed off, but that's not the case.

" People pleasing... that's right. I might have always been a people pleaser. Validation to me is so rewarding, regardless of what it costs. Fame brought me "friends" who don't even know who I am. While I lost the one who knew...However, tonight for the first time in three years, I miraculously found the strength that made me stand up to them. I realize that I was led by a voice. I refuse to admit that it could be yours-perhaps..."
He then muttered a thank you before clearing his throat and giving way to silence again.

Around twenty minutes later we were standing in front of my house. I took a moment to search for my keys. Once I turn around to thank him I froze instantly. His eyes were asking for something. he leaned on the balustrade, leaning towards me. I had a sudden urge to get closer to him. which I did, holding his neck to bring him closer. It was enough for my lips to land on his. We kissed, and during that time my muscles weren't replying to any commands from my brain. He grabbed me by the waist before taking the reins of our kiss. Everything was escalating so I was losing control. However, I had to put an end to it, and quickly. I gathered all my reason to make my members react and call them to order. I finally managed to get rid of your embrace. strangely he didn't hold me back. instead, he just took a step back, nervously rubbing his hair. He looked equally shocked at his reaction. I turned to the second to avoid his gaze. quickly closing the door. I however slipped toward one of the windows which were on the parking lot. He slowly ran his fingertips over his lips, bit them, then turned away.

Soon after the pain in my ankle manifested itself again. Despite that, I forced myself to walk even to crawl towards the settee where I lay down. That would be better to stay here for the night. I have neither the strength nor the desire to climb all its steps. I closed my eyes but couldn't sleep because of the pain. shortly I took out my phone to take my mind off things. Strangely, he sent me a text that late. Is there something wrong?

Ash: I found out something about Kim.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading !!!

We have been learning more things about Kim recently. He is definitely on
the spotlight this week.
Hope to see more of his caracter development.

What do you think will be Matthew's reaction to this new version is slowly discovering ?

See you next week.

Vicky❤️