XXXII : Rivality

Silver's POV

" OH, SHii... you almost gave me a heart attack?"

He does not answer. Although continues to look over my shoulder, frowning.

" The fuck are you doing here?"

" Am I not allowed here?"

" You seemed so certain earlier. "

" The higher-ups."

" Ah, I see. You're making them lose money. "

" Nothing much has changed. "

"It's only been two weeks. Anyway how long have you been creepily standing behind me?"

" When is the gambling day?"

" I guess since Ash said that. You must have seen Matthew as well.

" I don't care if he thinks I did it. But that one thinking he can win against me..."

As I expected his ego is highly triggered. Double pain. Competition has always lifted a fire in his passionate heart.

" Does he want a second humiliation? I had gone easy on him last time."

" He has improved since then."

" Like I give two fucks about that."

I start laughing. I guess he's back. Who would have thought after all this time?
The next gambling seems promising. I can't wait until we get to this epic day. Kim runs his hands through his hair, which barely falls above his shoulders. ruffles them to pass his frustration then gathers them again in his man-bun.

" Do you know him?"

" No."

" I feel like I have heard his voice before. But anyway. Let's return home."
I said while leading him to the exit. Gently patting his back as we walk towards the car. I am surprised to see that he didn't bring his. So I throw him my keys which he barely manages to catch. I then start to walk slower without him realizing that I am no longer. I'll meet you in the urgent car. I pretend to run in the opposite dimension. He must surely be there. Seconds later I am standing in front of a group. I was quite right, he was there sprawled like an old pig on a chair that hung under his weight.

"Dimitri."

"Oi Silver it's been a while since I haven't seen you."

It is so obvious that he's pretending he could try hiding it better.

"We missed you he says ironically. What is this honor worth to me?"

" Do you know Ash?"

" Oh, that kid. Yeah, I've seen him."

" Don't mess with me. You know everything about everyone here."

" Yes, you're right. But my words aren't for free." He mimics wads of banknotes while laughing out loud.

" Is the big boss scared that he will take his spot? Are invincible reigns has been quite long, hasn't it ?"

" I just need information on him. When did he enter the league? How come I've never seen him before?"

" You can not know them all. Your elitist ass only cares about your pers."

" Watch your mouth."

" Oh someone getting hasty." He slowly gets up.

His body musculature is much more impressive compared to when he was seated. he's at least a head taller than me. he stares at me defiantly he tries to intimidate me. It won't work. I stare right back at him.

" You get me Ash's information or ."

" Don't you dare threaten me Silver?"

" How could I? What if by an unfortunate coincidence the higher-ups discover your little illicit traffic?"

" You would not. Kim.."

"Kim has had enough covering up for your shit. It is not like you're of any use whatsoever. You are very replaceable."

He remains mute, paralyzed. I, therefore continue calmly.

" Also you are the best placed to know what happens when we are on the blacklist of our bosses, aren't you?"

He begins to sweat profusely he clenches his fists very hard but does not try anything more. Which is wise of him as it wouldn't work in his favor at all. I am still in control of this whole situation. Now is my last time to strike.

" You have two days to get me all the information possible on him. No. I am feeling generous 2 days in half."

I turn around, taking a USB key out of my pocket to throw items don't hear it fall so I guess he managed to pick it up. I stop for a moment.

" I wouldn't bother destroying it if I was you. That is only 1% of what I have reserved for you."

In reality, the USB key is empty. Although it contained viruses that block all access to the device it's connected to. I didn't have time to collect all the information.
As I continue to walk I hear him yelling behind me however I don't stop walking until a further distance. I should hurry. Kim must already be tired of waiting for me.
As soon as I am no longer in his field of vision I rush him toward the car which is already on the way to the main route.

"What the fuck took you so long?"

" The shit didn't want to..."

"OKAY. I don't care."

He hastens to answer as he's not able to hide his embarrassment. The next thing he does is restart the car and during the entire ride, he never took his eyes off the road. So much concentration in his look. That is one-if not THE one- of his powerful abilities. Once he dries absolutely nothing can disturb him. As if he was in a trance. The exterior word outside of his bubble doesn't exist. He is never shaken by anything happening in his surroundings. At least that is what you would think just by looking at him. Although it is not completely true. Despite being focused on that level he is aware of what is happening around him. He passes attention to every single detail. Thanks to that he's able to predict their next moves. Very often he guesses it right. Since his reflexes are also quick he doesn't hesitate before bringing up a counterattack to block his opponent's future moves. He does need much to win. He was born with this inside of him and that skill will never die. I think that Ricky had also felt that from day one.

Now that I am thinking about it Matthew's style is similar to theirs. I guess what is holding him back is fear. Fear of giving his full potential. Of giving it his all. If you conflict with yourself it is difficult to achieve 100%. He is hesitating. I feel like his heart is still swinging between two choices. I turn to Kim. He would be a much better coach for Matthew. especially that he learned from his brother. Matthew would need Ricky's advice. and the best person to pass them on to him is him. Nonetheless, they should be able to talk to each other again.

" Did you place the order?"

"Yes, it should arrive within two or three days."

I smile slightly at the strange feeling that overwhelms me. Satisfaction. More than I have ever felt in a very long time. Everything is going as planned. It's only a matter of time. I take my phone out of my pocket. It's almost discharged. I quickly send a text right before the battery dies. I hope it has been sent.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading !!!

Against all expectations Kim finally showed up? Why did he end up here?

Why is there a small tension between Kim and Ash? Is it jealousy? Or envy?

Will Kim tell Matthew what happened? Or will he keep avoiding him?

Also will Silver find the clues is searching for?

See you next week.

Vicky❤️