XXXV : Rage

He wears a white shirt stained with black oil. His skin glistens with sweat which accentuates his prominent muscles. I take a deep breath. My lungs fill with air. He is in front of me. right in front of me. Why can't I take one more step? I have the opportunity to make him pay for three years of pain. Three danm years to be haunted by this atrocious night. And there at this moment when a chance to accomplish my revenge presents itself... My feet dare not advance. They are weighed down by a weight that nails them to the ground. Far greater than my guilt. Even greater than my promise? I had however sworn to myself not to run away from the one who inflicted on me the worst years of my existence. To no longer be this fearful boy who gives up. today that day finally arrives. I can't afford to back down. I don't care about the plan. I'll explain my motive to Ash once I've done my duty. Later. I would take care of it later.

" Hey mate. Could you bring me the torque wrench please?"

His tone was different strangely soft. The complete opposite of his usual hoarse voice. Shivers run through my body. I am paralyzed I did not expect him to react so quickly. Quickly I have to do a few things before he suspects a few things and turns around. I move quickly towards a black toolbox that contains a set of several metric wrenches each one with a different size. I take a medium size it should do the trick. I approach him slowly and hand him what he asked for. He stretches out his hand without turning around entirely. he tends to take it back but can't because I hold it firmly. He tries to pull it out of my hand but in vain. annoyed he suddenly turns around, he freezes the second he meets my gaze. His face pales. The look of surprise appears blatantly on his face. Yet a few seconds later his eyes light up. I take a deep breath while maintaining eye contact. He takes a step back as I take one further. I have never seen such an expression in his eyes.

" I have a question."

He doesn't answer but gulps nervously.

" Did you do it?"

Kim hesitates. After breathing out deeply he finally says.

" Yes."

When I hear his answer a whiff of fever seizes my body. I am so angry that my fists close in on themselves. My heart is pounding so hard that it seems to want to leap out of my chest. here I have my answer. he recognized it. what more do I need? I don't know how to explain it but I don't believe it. To say the truth I am not satisfied with his answer. All of this makes no sense. but at this precise moment, I no longer think. I throw myself brutally on him. Knocking him to the ground. he is completely under my control and does not even try to get rid of me. He remains completely passive which leads even more. Without even realizing it, I give him the first punch, then a second, then a third, then another, and yet another. I do not count them anymore. STOP LYING TO ME. That asshole.

" TELL ME THE FUCKING TRUTH!!!" I shout at him angrily.

" DID YOU DO IT? DID YOU KILL HIM?"

This time he doesn't answer and then starts breathing heavily. I see his jaw contract while his chest swells with air before deflating just as quickly. I bang his head hard against the ground. I won't let him go until I get the truth. I will extort this truth from him at all costs. Today. at this very moment. I won't leave this place without finally having my answer. I looked for this moment way too long for it to slip as easily through my fingers.

" DID YOU KILL RICKY?"

" ANSWER ME!!"

" DID YOU?"

" YES. YES. I DID."

" I do not believe you," I say as my voice breaks. Deep down I know that he is lying. What is the point of lying at this time? Is he trying to hurt me more? Wasn't it enough? All those years. Three years of painful nightmares. Three years without ever knowing the truth. I can not tolerate any more lies.

" IT WAS ME. IT WAS ALL MY FAULT."

" Enough with your lies."

" I have already answered you."

" STOP FUCKING LYING TO ME." As I was ready to punch him in his face another time. I suddenly feel myself pulling back. I take a deep breath. What doesn't he want to say the damn truth? What could he be lying about? Is he not afraid of Mr using his words against him by handing him over...It was he who confessed.

I take a step back and I turn my back on him. I've had enough of his lies. Since he wants to keep lying to me. If I start walking, I am not turning back. I clench my fists as I am taking the first step toward the door.

" Matthew..."

My body tenses at the sound of his wobbly voice. My muscles stiffened as I stand still. I don't know what to do. I have to continue to walk without turning around. Despite the tremors of my legs which grow heavier with the pressure of the silence which weighs in the room.

" LISTEN TO ME!"

Oh, now he decided to talk. Although I am already right in front of the door.

" Please..."

As I hear his voice on the verge of breaking my blood runs cold. My heels are nailed to the ground right outside the door.

" Ricky. Your brother and I were friends. "

" And I-It all happened so fast that night. I shouldn't have let him go by himself. I try. I swear. But when I arrived. It was already too late."

" You said it was you, now you're telling the exact opposite. What version am I supposed to believe?"

" It should have been me."

" What do you mean it should have been you?"

" Someone set a trap for us that night. Since he had. already guessed it. He prevented me from going there and went instead."

He took a few steps further as he continued to talk.

" I swear if I could go back in time I would have changed everything. "

And so do I. As he finished this last sentence I feel a sense of deep relief. as if the weight that compressed my chest had dissolved. I take a deep breath before answering him.

" Do you know who it was?"

He takes a few seconds before answering in a low voice.

"No."

" I swear to you that I searched for all these years I did not stop looking for this culprit. And I will not."

" So will I," I respond by opening the door and rushing out. in my mad dash, I bump into Silver who doesn't seem surprised to see me here. I think he was hoping that I went to talk to him about it. However, that didn't do anything except confuse me even more.

" I am telling you the truth..." Kim shouted as he stands next to me.

" The truth is not what I need at this point. I have wasted three fucking years. To this day the murderer of my brother roams freely out there and I can't do anything about it."

I turn around to face him.

" So either you lie or tell the truth I don't give a fuck about it."

" I will find him."

" You couldn't do it in three years and now you think you can with a snap of your fingers."

" I know how to find out who is responsible for the murder..."

Silver says interrupting us. I immediately turn to him completely shocked and in the most total incomprehension. He knew. Did he know it all along?

______________________________________

Thank you for reading !!!

The mystery around Rocky and Kim's situation has been revealed.
If Kim is saying the truth that'd mean both Matthew and Kim are feeling extremely guilty about what happened to Ricky.

Now to finally do justice to him they will have to find the real murderer. It will not be easy since he's never been discovered.
Who could it be? Could they find any clue against him?

However, Kim seems motivated enough to make the impossible real.

Let's hope they will succeed.

See you next week.

Vicky❤️