VI : Normal

The next day at school Joshua and I barely spoke. We had different courses all day. It was a normal Wednesday. He had practice for his next game this week so I was waiting for him. Sitting on the bleachers I suffered the intense heat of the afternoon. The air was dry which made my breathing more difficult. And laid to rest. Poor athletes. They were unleashed on the field giving their 100%. All their energy converged on the ultimate goal of winning. the cries of the coaches as warnings if they were to let go.

Joshua was on the field as well giving his best. It was the first thing for which he deliberately gave his all. He loved to play and loved to win. I understood him. More than he thought. Well, before yesterday. Who likes to lose?

Half an hour later they were finally done. Joshua's team had won most sets in the end. The latter, happy with his victory, hopped like a kid. He waved at me from afar with the brightest smile. And ten minutes later we were walking toward the parking lot. Arrived at the level of his car he stopped and threw the keys at me.

"C'mon after what I've seen.. you drive better than I do."

"No," I said hesitantly. "I can't."

He looked disappointed but didn't insist. He entered the car and I follow him as his faithful passenger. And we drive home as we normally do. Yes, everything was slowly but surely coming back to normal. I don't want to see this boy or hear about his selfish little bet anymore. I am back to a normal boring life. At least the one I had before he suddenly appears in my life.
Normal is somehow comforting. Who would have thought?

A home is also a safe place, it's good to be home. I lay down on my bed peacefully and close my eyes. The recent days have been a roller-coaster, say to say the least. The secret I have been holding for years has been discovered. By Joshua of all people.

Secrets between best friends. I have remorses...but not telling him was the best option to keep him safe. This world is not for him. The fewer people know the better. Now it's down to two. I sigh deeply before checking my messages, some to answer some to ignore. I am way too tired to confront the problem. Sleep I an n invention, I better enjoy it as I can.

Error. I counted as many sheep as I could although no sleep. No sleep. I have to sleep or else I will overthink so much that my brain might explode. I might not have a lot to think about lately. Since everything was back to its normal state. However, I keep wondering, this is just the calm before the storm, isn't it?

On another hand, my investigation wasn't as f as I planned it to be. To be honest I haven't found much concerning this mysterious curly-haired boy. He doesn't show up very often at the race. That day was the only one when he raced against K. What could he be hiding? People know that he's doing unknown activities-probably illegal as well. The race itself is proof of that. Although he's very good at hiding, even after two years of research on him I couldn't find the evidence I have been desperately searching for.

And as if by chance when I decided to put aside the mystery that was progressively turning into obsessive revenge, this boy appears out of nowhere and disappears right away. I'm not one to believe in fate but would that be a sign? Before I answered my heavy eyelids closed gradually and I plunged into the arms of Morpheus.

_________________________________________

Thank you for reading !!!

Unfortunately Matthew's investigation on Ash didn't go as planned?
Also he hasn't seen since then...could everything be indeed back to normal?

I am looking forward to reading your comments.

See you next week.
Vicky❤️