XII : Anger

I sweat more and more, and my breathing quickens. My eyes are closed and they secretly let me enjoy this sweet and sour moment. I want him to continue but at the same time, I want to kill him. Little by little I seem to come to my senses the excitement goes down and is under control again. I open my eyes, his are still closed. I approach him even closer before hitting him with my knee between his legs. He grimaces in pain and then falls beside me, trying not to shout his hand at the place that had just been targeted. Covering it will not make the pain go away.

"Invincible my ass!!"

I yell at him giving him the middle finger before storming out of the room grabbing the sandwich in passing because my stomach would hold me to account. How could I be so... No. I would not prove him right. I go down the stairs as fast as my legs could handle. Arrived in the living room I see Joshua sprawled on the sofa in front of the TV. Only he can remain so calm in such a situation. I pull it with all my strength as I rush to the exit door since I hear footsteps on the stairs. I cross my fingers that he has the key in his pocket as I hope. Otherwise.

"I hope you got the key."

"What key ?" He's trying to joke at a time like this.

"The keys of the damn cars. Fuck Joshua this is not the time to make dumb jokes."

His face becomes sad. I didn't want to hurt him. but I don't have time to explain myself now. I almost snatch the keys from his hands then we immediately enter my car.
With a furtive glance in the mirror, I see him on the landing of his door. He looks furious. I fully press the accelerator and after a few seconds, his house disappears from my field of vision and his as well.
I take the shortest route to get home. It's almost dawn. the ride is eerily quiet. I take a look next to me. Joshua sulks. Their left hand and his right jaw pressed on the glass. He looks at the beaded droplets on the cold surface, he fogs up the glass before drawing two long lines, one longer than the other. Does he imagine a race between the raindrops?

I know he didn't do it out of bad intentions but I can't go back on my actions like that. Not right now. I clear my throat to get his attention, but he still ignores me. My hands grip the steering wheel. I decide to take a look around to relieve the pressure. The color that begins to take the sky is beautiful. The midnight blue gradually gives way to pink and purplish tones, a few birds are already taking flight. In a few hours, this city will come back to life, for now, she is quieter than a grave.

"Joshua about earlier. I am" I look at him. No answer. "You could look at me when I am talking to you!" Still no answer.

"Are you giving me the silent treatment right now?"

Before I vent more about any childish attitude I hear a snore. I glance at him again. He fell asleep. What a lucky guy.

Once we arrive home Joshua gets out of the car silently before I have the time to start for the umpteenth time my monologue. We go back to the house. I see mum's car in front of the porch. Damn, she's already home. Joshua, however, doesn't look away despite calling him. He opens the door with a bang. I'm right behind him. He stops abruptly. I hit myself against him. I wonder why did he stop? I look up to see why. Manm? My mother is sitting in front of the TV with a steaming cup of tea in her hands, she looks at us puzzled.

________________________________________

Thank you for reading !!!

His natural desire had won against him this time. Although he doesn't seem to regret it that much...

Also blaming Joshua for helping might have been a little bit too excessive. The boy was just trying to find the quickest solution.

Do you think Joshua will get over it easily and forgive him? Was Matthew being ungrateful?

Now that his mom know that he goes out without telling her and returns home pretty late, how do you think she will react? Do you think he will not be allow to go out anymore? So no more race? But, what about the plan?

What should Matthew tell his mother?

Ps: this is the second chapter this week.
Hope you enjoyed it.

I am looking forward to reading your comments.

See you next week.

Vicky❤️