ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

It was finally lunchtime and you we're beyond hungry. After all you rushed to school without having an ounce of breakfast and the amounts of lessons the teachers taught was making you hungrier each second, it didn't help when one of the teachers talked about food for some goddamn reason.

You and Xiao we're now walking out of class side by side going to a certain place where there is a huge maple tree in the school premises. That one specific maple tree was famous among the whole school as students who would confess their love under that tree would always have their feelings reciprocated, though it wasn't as famous as the Sacred Sakura a few walks away from that tree. It is said that the Sacred Sakura was planted by Raiden Makoto herself as a symbolism of purification among all the evil in the school, though that was just a rumor among the students as there was another rumor that it was planted there to spread love and wisdom to the students, but a rumor is always a rumor right? There weren't many people around the maple tree as everyone wanted to eat their lunch inside the cafeteria so it was a perfect opportunity to eat lunch with two other people who liked the place under the tree.

Like other people you thought of maybe confessing to Xiao under the Sacred Sakura in hopes that the confession will go successful but immediately dismissed the thought of confessing when you remembered that there were more people near the Sacred Sakura than the Maple Tree. It would be embarrassing for you when things don't go as planned, such as getting rejected and most likely destroying your friendship with Xiao.

Then another thought you had was confessing under the maple tree instead since there we're less people around but dreaded the thought of disturbing two people that we're usually hanging out under the shade of the tree just for you to confess in peace.

Speaking of two people, you see from afar the said Maple Tree. The leaves swaying along with the wind as a bit of the leaves gracefully falls down on the grassy flooring. Under the tree we're two familiar people, one with platinum-blonde hair and a streak of red streak, while the other had blonde hair with a white cat near him. Kaedehara Kazuha, Tomo and his cat Tama.

"Kazuha! Tomo!" you shout earning their attention as they looked at your direction, waving at them. You walk faster greeting both of them as Xiao was behind you acknowledging them just by a nod of his head.

You both then proceeded to sit down with you sitting near the cat wanting to pet it. As you continue to pet the cat you looked at Kazuha and Tomo,

"So what we're you both doing?" you asked while Xiao took out his lunch probably Almond Tofu as always.

"Kazu here was troubled with stanzas for his haiku," Tomo said. "I wanted to help but I have no talent whatsoever with creating haiku's." he continued as you nod your head and looked at the male who wore a bothered expression on his face.

"Uh what do you have so far Kazuha?" you ask him,

"Though my thoughts run wild, I could never be as blind..." he answered, you stopped petting the cat and looked up at the maple tree seemingly thinking. Tomo just gave Kazuha a questioningly look as he just looked at you patiently waiting while Xiao was eating his Almond Tofu in peace watching the whole conversation as he wasn't that gifted with poetry and some sorts.

"Something bothering you Kazuha?" you mindlessly asked him.

".. I suppose so." slowly nodding with his statement as you just hummed still staring at the maple tree with the leaves falling. "How did you figure out?" he asked after a while.

"You did say that poetry is a literary work that expresses a persons feelings so I assumed it by the haiku you made." you answered him earning a chuckle from the male.