ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40

Xiao arrived at the said meet-up by his friends. They weren't present yet as he wanted to be early while he composes his physical and mental being.

He was ready. He had been thinking about this very day for a while, even memorizing what to say. He was totally prepared, or was he?

He had heard from people how everything you had arranged in your mind to say to the person you're planning to confess disappears when you're right infront of them. Will that happen to him too?

Most likely.

So it's better to be extra prepared, physically and mentally he thought.

He sat at a nearby bench and grabbed his earphones, plugging it in his phone while he opened his playlist to listen to them in the meantime.

After picking the playlist he set his phone on top of his lap as he looked up and observed the sky.

There wasn't much clouds visible showcasing the bright blue skies, some would consider this a perfect day.

Xiao allowed himself to drown out all sounds only the music from his earphones being clear as day as he gazed at the sky lost in thought.

Unaware to the male, his friends were walking towards the place all talking together.

Ganyu was the first one to notice him sitting all alone on a bench, "Is that Xiao?"

"Already!? Where is he?" Venti exclaimed.

The blue haired female pointed as both Venti and Hu Tao followed her hand.

"Woah he's early?" Hu Tao said with raised brow.

Ganyu simply nodded as Venti looked closer to where the dark teal highlights male were sitting at.

"Is he daydreaming?"

Both female blinked at his question and looked at Xiao closer.

"From his looks, maybe he is..?" Ganyu replied as Hu Tao squealed.

"Ouch! Hu, you're breaking my ears!!" Venti complained, pretending to put both his hands on his ears.

"OH MY GOD— XIAO IS DISTRACTED!" The dark brown haired female squealed.

Hu Tao ran towards the dark teal highlighted male as quietly as she could.

She went up behind him in a crouched position, ready to give him the scare of his life. She had the biggest grin ever on her face, she was beyond happy to be getting an achievement of 'scaring the living daylights out of Xiao'.

She got ready to jump and counted,

3...

2..

1.

GO!

"Hu, I know you're behind me."

Hu Tao jolted at the sound of Xiao's voice and fell down the floor.

"Ow!"