Chapter 33: Vermin

- Y/N POV -

"Alpha, where are we going?" I asked, letting my Alpha grab my wrist and drag me out of our room, a book in his other hand. He pulls me down the hall and into the living room.

Once we arrived, the whole team was there, sitting and chatting amongst themselves. When the team saw us, they stopped and turned to us, Tony walked out of the kitchen with a bottle of whiskey in his hands.

"Nice to see you Reindeer Games, I see your little vermin is in good shape," Tony says, a fake smile, swirling his drink in circles.

"I'm not a vermin, am I, Alpha?" I asked, turning to my Alpha who dropped my wrist, his face filled with anger at Tony's words. He started stomping over to Tony and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, I could only watch as my Alpha stands up for me.

"You will never, and I mean never talk to her like that unless you wish to have your tongue removed." Loki threatened, this is when I knew I should intervene. I walked slowly closer to him and flinched when I heard the team start yelling things in the background, I was able to block out their voices. When I was close enough, Loki's eyes flickered at me before focusing back on Tony, I wrap my arms around his torso and he immediately calms down.

Loki let go of Tony when he felt my arms embrace him, Tony rushed to get out of the god's reach, Loki's shoulders slumped as he relaxed in my touch. He took some deep breaths, allowing himself to sitcom to my calm aura- well sort of calm.

He turns in my arms and whispered, "I'm sorry, Puppy," he said, wrapping his arms around me as well before continuing, "his words angered me, you're not a vermin, nor a burden, or anything else like that-"

"Alpha..." I whisper, he stops talking and we just hold each other for a few minutes before he remembered the others were there. He let go of me bashfully, I frowned at the loss of his touch but he quickly grabbed my wrist once more and started pulling me to one of the big seats. He sits down and I crawl onto his lap, snuggling close as he glares at Tony, Loki pets my head between my ears and my tail slowly swerves from side to side, brushing against his pants.