Chapter 43: There You Are

- Y/N POV -

After what feels like years without my Alpha's scent, I wake from my peaceful sleep, to see that I was alone in the room by myself. Slowly rising from the warmth of the bed, I make my way over to the door and push it open cautiously, what if there was someone on the other side? I wouldn't want to hurt them.

Closing the door behind me, the brightness from the hallway invades my eyes and I lean against the door for support while my eyes adjust to the sudden brightness. Soon enough, there was a familiar scent of my Alpha starts to course through me, a smile makes it's way onto my face immediately.

"Alpha," I mutter, leaning my head against the door, once he's close enough to see me, his eyes widen and a smile forms on his face. Once he's within arm's reach, I cling onto his clothes like my life depends on it. He chuckles softly and wraps his arms around me, after a few moments, he slides one of his arms down a little and picks me up. Both my arms are around his shoulders, one leg on each side of his hips, while snuggling my nose into the crook in his neck. "'Missed you," I mutter, my eyes becoming heavy again.

"I missed you too, my little Puppy," he whispers, "I was making my way over to tell you that dinner is going to start soon, so I came to get you." 

I hum in response, taking a deep breath and snuggling closer into my Alpha, getting comfortable while he walks through the hallways. Hesitating for a second, I ask, "are people watching?"

"It doesn't matter, what matters is that you're well rested before dinner." Loki kisses my temple and I peck his neck in return, smiling softly while continuing to where more people are waiting.