9- Home sweet home

Emily's POV

The sweet smell of moms homemade pie made my mouth water as I walked into the comfort of my old home. I looked into the kitchen to see my mom doing what she loves to do, bake.

"Good to see you honey!" My mom shouted, placing the pie she just pulled out from the burning hot oven onto the counter, running to me with open arms. I opened mine as well, embracing her hug that I missed, I have a really good bond with my mom that I'm grateful to have. She smelled like pies, ugh I miss this smell.

"It's good to see you too mom" I said as we hugged for a few more seconds until she released to continue her baking.

"Need help?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen behind her.

"Course! Oh and where are those friends of yours you said were coming down from the UK?" My mom asked taking out her book of secret recipes.

"They're at the hotel" I answered.

"Oh well will they be coming later?" My mom asked reading the recipe for sugar cookies.

"I don't know, I guess" I said taking out the salt, flour, sugar etc.

"Oh okay well are either of these guys cute?" My mom said nudging me while winking. I rolled my eyes and gave my mom a 'mom seriously?' look, she pouted and rolled her eyes at me.

"Just give someone a chance!" She protested while she began to pour and mix all the ingredients together into the bowl.

"Whatever mom, just call me if you need anything, I have to go do something, love you" I gave her a quick hug before grabbing my purse and heading out the door.

"Love you too, you stubborn child" My mom said as I closed the door and walked to my jeep, unlocking it and getting in. I turned the radio on once I got out of the quiet little neighborhood and into the busy streets of Dallas.

-

I was sat in my living room watching a marathon of Drake & Josh on Teen Nick. This show never gets old for me.

My phone began to ring and I shuffled around on the couch trying to find it. Once I managed to find it I looked at the screen to see who was calling me, Marcus.

Marcus- Helloooo!

Me- Hi

Marcus- We just wanted to ask if you can take us to the rodeo tomorrow? We saw it in on our way to the hotel.

Me- Ummmm sure I guess

Marcus- Awesome! So pick us up at like 2?

Me- Okay, bye

I quickly pulled the phone away from my ear and hit the 'end' button. I went to my room to finally go to bed.

-----------------------------------------

Authors Note!

Keep up the voting!

Byeeeeeeeee!

-Ash