8

Colby looks over to Gage, hearing a voice "um who are you?" the voice speaks "oh uh.. your mom sent me up here, er I just moved in across the street.." Gage explains.

"uh okay, come in I guess, my sister is in here as well, we were just playing a game together if you would like to join" Gage nods before walking in, the door being closed after.

Colby sighs knocking at the door again knowing there has to be someone on the inside as he can hear music playing on the other side.

Letting out a small sigh he places his hand on the door handle and hesitantly opening it preparing to close it right after incase he were to walk in on the boy changing.

Peaking in he finds a blonde boy laid on his bed, his phone laid on his chest, looking up at the ceiling listening to the music that play through speakers.

"Um, hello," Colby speaks making the boy jump and he sits up "what the- who are you?" he rushes out scrambling to grab his phone and pause the music.

"I'm sorry," Colby can't help but laugh softly at the accidental scare he pulled on the boy.

"I'm Colby, I moved in across the street."

"Okay.. why are you here?"

Colby shrugs "er your mom invited us for dinner, I guess and told me to come up" he nods slowly.

"Well come in, I suppose."

Colby nods stepping inside and closing the door behind him, leaving a small crack.

"I apologize for just walking in, I was knocking for quite some time.." Colby trails off and he hums.

"I know," he mumbles "thought you were my mom or something" he says watching as Colby sits at the edge of his bed.

"eh well.. what do you want to do then..? I uh wasn't expecting company" Colby hums shrugging his shoulders.

Falling in silence Colby glances at the smaller boy "well um what's your name?"

He looks at him for a moment before speaking "Sam" Colby nods, the two falling into an uncomfortable silence again, the tension between the two unbearable for the both of them.

"I uh.." Sam trails off, fiddling with his fingers "how old are you?" he asks "I'm sorry could we like I dunno get to know each other or something? this is just very awkward" he rushes out explaining his sudden question.

Colby smiles nodding his head "okay, well I'm 19, you?" Colby speaks with a soft voice, Sam smiles.

"18" Sam answers, Colby hums.

"Wh-where did you move from?"

Colby smiles at his stutter finding it a bit cute.

"Well I moved from LA, but-"

"LA?! what? that's so cool why would you move to Kansas!? there's nothing to do here" Sam explains in pure shock and Colby smiles letting out a soft chuckle.

"Believe me, I know, I used to live here and moved out to LA when I was about 10, we moved away because my father had gotten a job with the state and needed him out there, but now that my parents are older they aren't crazy about living there anymore and wanted to come back here."

Sam nods along with his words "what about his job?"

Colby shrugs "he didn't enjoy it, liked it better before the move, it wasn't how he thought it would be, he's just picking it back up in the same place before we left."

"What about you? how long have you been here?" Colby asks "since I was born" Colby hums watching as Sam picks up his phone and plays his music once again, turning the volume down to a lower setting this time.

"Your rooms nice" Colby comments looking around the vintage like styled room "oh, thank you" Sam smiles.

"I take it your more feminine, yes?" Sam blushes looking down "yes.." he trails off not wanting to see his reaction.

"That's awesome, it suits you well, from what I can tell so far" Colby says glancing back at the blonde seeing him looking at him with a nervous look.

"Don't worry, I won't judge you" he smiles earning a small smile from the blonde "I myself, am bi so" Colby shrugs making Sam grin.

"Really?!" Colby smiles nodding his head.

"I am, what are you?"

"I'm gay, with he/him pronouns" he says with a smile, the two getting a bit more closer the more they talk, already feeling slightly comfortable with each other.