24

Colby walks into the kitchen and furrows his brows seeing his mom at the telephone.

He grabs a water from the fridge.

"Someone called?" he asks.

She hums.

"It was Sam" she says.

She begins to wash her hands.

"Wha- really?! what did he say?!" he asks rushing over to the phone.

"Cole. Put it down" Colby groans "but mom-"

"But nothing," she says drying off her hands "your grounded and you know it, now, go upstairs and clean up your room. I will call you down for dinner."

She resumes her actions of chopping up an onion.

"Can't I please just call him back? What if he needs me?" he asks worriedly.

"He's fine Colby, he just wanted to hang out, now go or you can help me cook."

Colby groans muttering things under his breath as he makes his way up the stairs.

-
Night time rolls around and it's silent in Colbys home.

Waiting a few hours after sundown Colby slips out of his room knowing his family is sound asleep.

Leaving his home he steps down onto the pavement of his driveway and doing a light jog down the road to Sam's home.

Walking around his house he looks up at the window of Sam's bedroom and thinking of a way to get up.

Walking up to the tree he begins to climb up it, scooting across a large thick branch.

Now face to face with his window, its shut and covered with a white curtain it slightly swaying by what Colby could only assume is a fan.

Reaching over he's just a bit out of reach of the window.

Groaning, he looks up and carefully reaches up to the branch above him and snapping a small twig off of it reaching over he taps the window with the stick.

Getting nothing, he taps it repeatedly seeing a light turn on from inside he grins at his successful attempt and tapping on the window once more.

He grins seeing Sams face appear in the window once he pulls the curtain back and he waves.

Sam gasps and opens his window.

"Colby? what the hell?" Sam says reaching over to grab Colbys hand "get in here, are you crazy?!"

Colby grins, carefully standing up on the tree in a crouching position and scooting to the end.

"Careful!" Sam exclaims and Colby smiles successfully getting in.

"What is wrong with you?! Why are you here?" he exclaims and Colby smiles as he picks a leaf out of his hair.

"Well, my mother told me you called," he says as he brushes the dirt and small pieces of leaves and bark off his clothes.

"You said you wanted to hang out?" Colby grins.

"You know I could never pass up a hangout with you" Sam giggles wrapping his arms around his torso making Colby grin and wrap his arms around him tight.

"Thank you Colby, really, but I wasn't necessarily calling to hang out" Sam admits, lifting his head up to look at Colby, his chin on his chest and Colby pouts at him.

"What? Did I sneak out for nothing then?"

Sam giggles shaking his head "course not, but if you get caught I had no part in this" he says before pulling away and going back to his bed.