20

August 1st
-

Sam knocks at Colbys bedroom door and it opens seconds later.

"Sammy!!" he cheers pulling him in a tight hug.

"Oh- hi Colby" Sam smiles letting out a small laugh as he hugs his friend back, the two happy to be back in each other's presence after so long.

"I missed you, how are you doing?" Colby asks with a smile as he leads Sam inside his room before closing the door.

"Could be better" Sam sighs softly as he kicks off his shoes.

"Mh' wanna talk?"

Sam shrugs walking to his bed and Colby smiles going over as well and laying down, back in the position he was in prior as he was watching a show before he answered his door.

"I'm just, sad" Sam sighs slouching back against the headboard.

"I know Sammy, and that's okay" Colby says turning his head to look up at Sam.

"I can never be happy."

Colby frowns.

"Don't say that, you will get over this and once you do you will be so much more happier, everybody gets sad, no one is happy every second of their life Sammy, it's okay to feel how you are, just know you do not need to suffer alone."

Sam smiles sliding down to lay down, turning to face Colby, his hand under his head as the other rests on his side.

"How do you always know what to say?"

Colby smiles, scanning his face.

"I do not."

"Do to" he huffs gently punching his shoulder.

Colby chuckles poking Sam's belly.

"You think? try me."

Sam smiles letting out a soft sigh as he looks down.

"Well," he starts.

"My boyfriend finally called me after nearly a month,"

Colby smiles softly nodding his head.

"Yeah? and what did he say?" he asks pinching his belly making Sam laugh softly, gently pushing away his hand.

"He suggested a break."

Colbys smile fades and allows him to continue.

"He called because he noticed I stopped texting him everyday, I stopped cause he never answered me no matter what as you already know.. he got upset and angry at me which only led me to get mad at him because he made it seem like I was doing something wrong when it was him."

Colby hums, bringing his hand up and delicately wiping the tear that slips from the blondes lid.

"He then asked to go on a break because we needed some type of breather, to calm down, I didn't get to say anything before he hung up because someone walked in the room."

Colby hums, gently running his hand down to Sam's side and gently pulling him closer, rubbing his back.

"I don't want to be on a break,"

His voice shakes as he looks up to meet Colbys eyes, the broken look in Sam's eyes causing Colbys heart to ache.

"How much of a break does one need thousands of miles apart?" His voice breaks.

Colby hums gently, looking into Sam's lost eyes soft gaze.

Taking a moment to think before he speaks, he's not too sure what to say.

"I think what you two need is a long conversation, you two have been together for a year and a half and have been pulled apart."

"I'm sure it's hard for the both of you, but, whatever is going through his mind is confusing and very upsetting. He's putting you through emotions you do not need to be going through. I think, whenever you are ready, to try and call him, have a long conversation about both your feelings and figure out what's to happen, the times you guys are both free each day to keep any worries out of your mind, okay?" he speaks softly as he brushes his hair out of his eyes.

"Know each other's schedules, it's going to be so hard being in a long distance relationship, I've never been in one myself other then having friends but for me I couldn't even keep those so I couldn't imagine what struggles this may be," he continues with a gentle tone.

"Talk to him when you can and when your ready. But, surround yourself with supportive people, awesome, loving people like myself, get your mind off these sad thoughts and create new happy memories instead of living in the past, okay?"

Sam nods.

"Okay," he whispers leaning over and hugging Colby, wrapping his arms around his neck.

"Thank you, your so kind, I dunno what I'd do without you" Sam says.

Colby smiles holding him tighter.

"No need to thank me Sammy, now, about that raincheck?"

Colby looks at the blonde with a cheeky smile.

"Your such an idiot" Sam giggles softly.

Colby grins gently ruffling his hair as they part.

"Your idiot" Sam rolls his eyes and punches his shoulder softly.

"Stop, that was cringe."

Colby laughs out loud and gently pulls Sam back into his arms.

"Let go of me! I'm trying to find us a movie to watch!" Colby smiles allowing him to escape his hold.

"Go get some popcorn!" Sam giggles softly.

Colby hums before standing up.

He glances back at Sam once more seeing the pretty smile he loves greatly now spread across the beautiful blondes face.

He lets out a content sigh before leaving his room finding his way to his kitchen.

He feels at ease knowing he can make the blonde happy, keep his mind off Liam no matter how hard that is.