68

December 15th
-

Colby gasps at the cold air on his body.

He shoves his hands into his hoodie pockets once lifting his hood up.

He was sent outside to brush the car off for his parents.

Hearing a familiar shriek, he looks across the street and a smile is etched onto his face in no time.

The blonde is running around his front yard, snowballs flying through the air, having a snowball fight with his siblings.

Colby grins as their eyes meet and the blonde grins, lifting his arm up to wave but is stopped when a snowball comes in contact with his head.

"Allison!! I swear to god hit my head one more time and see what happens!!" he shrieks, sending the snowball in hand towards his sister.

Colby laughs at him before turning back towards the car, returning to his mission of cleaning off the snow.

Sam drops to his knees, balling up some of the snow into a medium sized ball.

He grins, standing up and running towards the sidewalk.

Stomping his feet a bit once on the cement he looks up, his eyes on Colby as he cleans off the car.

Without a second thought, he giggles mischievously before picking up a jog once the road is clear.

Bringing his hand up, he sends the white ball into the air.

The snowball explodes against Colbys back making him gasp.

Turning around he's met with a grinning blonde running towards him.

"Aha! I got you!" he giggles out, jumping to a stop infront of him.

"I shoulda known you were going to do that" Colby laughs fondly.

Sam giggles making Colbys smile grow.

It falls silent between the two, their eyes locking.

They're only now realizing they're finally seeing each other again.

Their hearts racing and minds racking with thoughts, what's going to happen now?

Colby goes to speak but nothing comes out but a soft grunt when Sam runs into his arms, hugging him tight.

Colby happily wraps his arms around his waist, hugging him back just as tight.

"Holy shit I missed you so much" Colby gapes, pulling the smaller impossibly closer.

The two stumble a bit.

"I missed you too" Sam let's out, gripping onto the back of Colbys hoodie tightly.

A snowball comes flying high through the sky, falling straight down and onto the hugging boys.

They jump apart.

"Hey lovebirds! stop hugging before I beat your asses!" Ben yells, beginning to form another snowball.

"Oh- your on!" Sam gasps out going to create another snowball to resume his little war.

He's stopped by Colbys hand grabbing his wrist.

"Don't think I forgot about what you did" he smirks.

Sam's eyes go wide seeing the snowball in his hand.

How on earth was that enough time to make one?

"Wha- no!"

Sam gasps, going to run but as soon as he's turned it's impaled into his back.