16

July 5th
-

Sam sits criss cross in the middle of his bed, his phone up to his ear, nervously biting on his thumb nail as he listens to the on going ringing playing through to his ear.

It stops.

There's a slight pause before a familiar voice comes through.

"Hello Sam! It's been so long, how are you dear?"

Sam smiles slightly the sweet sound of her voice.

"Hi, I've been better, uh I'm sorry to bother you, is Liam home?" he hears a hum from said boys mother.

"Oh yes! he is, I believe he is still sleeping, why what's up?" she asks.

Sam sighs.

"Uh well, I've uhm been told he's busy, but um I was starting to get worried.. he hasn't really been talking to me at all, I'm starting to worry he's ignoring me for some reason" he explains with a worrisome tone.

"Oh? Well he's actually been the opposite, he hasn't done much at all since we've been here, he was quite busy shopping for some stuff and setting his room up for the first week, however he hasn't been out and about too much unless he's going out to work."

Sam heart drops "oh.."

Tears prick his eyes.

He lied.

"Would you like me to talk to him sweetie? I'm so sorry he hasn't been talking to you, I have no idea what's going on with him."

Sam hums "okay, thank you so much."

"Okay, I'll let you know okay sweetie?"

Sam hums another thank you before hanging up.

Waiting for a long while he soon gets a text from his boyfriend.

Liam <3

hey!

hii!
I miss you soo much!

He can't help but feel happy receiving texts from him despite his mother's words.

me too.
what's up baby? why'd you call my mom about us, why didn't you just talk to me? you've made her worried.

what?
are you kidding? I've been texting you everyday. I tried talking to you

yk I'm busy, your overreacting baby.
just calm down yeah?
I don't mean to ignore you

okay.. well what are you so busy with? your mom told me you don't work all that much or leave your house, what have you been doing all this time?

it's just work Sammy, I promise you.

but you don't work all day?

honey. stop overthinking, I don't understand what you want me to say? I'm doing all I can to text you, yeah?

but you hardly ever do

I am now, aren't I?

but I want more than this.
I'm hurting babe, I really miss you, you left me with nothing baby what do you expect?

I'm sorry Sammy
but I have to go
talk later.

what?! no!
stop that come back
Liam? hello?
seriously
c'mon now
please.
delivered 5min ago

I love you..
delivered.