26

September 1st
-

Stirring a bit before his eyes flutter open he frowns as he wakes up from his slumber.

The knock at his door sounds again, that was what has suddenly woken him up.

"Sam, sweetie? are you awake?" he sits up quickly, looking down at Colby who sleeps soundly next to him.

He gasps "uh yes, I am!" he calls back making Colby grumble and turn around.

"Great, would you come with me to the store please?" Sam chews his lip.

"Yeah, just give me a minute to get ready please!" he hears a hum before her footsteps fade away.

He grabs his phone and checks the time seeing it's nearly noon, he gasps and shakes Colby awake.

"What?" he groans moving away from his hand.

"Colby, get up" he says patting his shoulder as he stands up.

"Mmmh five more minutes" he mumbles rolling onto his stomach and hugging the pillow, his cheek pressed up again it.

Sam sighs going into his closet.

"Colby," he says getting a bothersome hum in return.

"Please get up" Colby grumbles.

"No, you come back" he mumbles missing the warmth of the smaller boy.

Sam giggles pulling off his shirt and pulling on a new one.

"No can do, it's nearly noon, you need to get back home."

Colbys eyes shoot open "what?!" he exclaims.

Sam giggles pulling a skirt over his pajama shorts and pulling those off after.

"My mom just woke me up asking to go to the store with her, you need to go home."

Colby groans rolling on his back "your fucking with me, yeah?"

Sam shakes his head grabbing his phone and tossing it to Colby before sitting down and putting on some socks.

"Fuck," he groans once turning it on to check the time.

"Why'd you have to keep me longer?" he complains as he brings his tired body to sit up.

"I'm sorry," Sam laughs softly "I didn't think we'd fall asleep so soon."

Colby hums gently ruffling his messy golden locks "I suppose I'll call you later tonight and let you know if I'm in more trouble" he says as he stands up.

"Mhm" Sam hums slipping on his shoes and standing up.

"You look pretty" Colby smiles as he puts on his shoes quickly.

"Thank you" Sam smiles, grabbing a comb from his side table and brushing out his hair.

"I'll see you soon, hopefully I'm not fucked" Colby chuckles softly as he pushes open the window.

"Okay, goodbye, and good luck" Sam smiles, waving him off.

"Bye."