12

June 13th
-

Sam shuffles under his comforter hearing an annoying ringing, he groans and sits up rubbing his eyes before he looks around soon to realize his telephone is the reason behind his awakening.

He pauses before hesitantly reaching over to grab ahold of the baby blue phone.

He picks it up, off it's holder allowing the ringing to come to a stop before shakily bringing it up to his ear.

Why is he so scared?

He doesn't know.

He sucks in a breath hearing a voice come through.

"Sweetie, your crazy, this does not work"

He hears a women's voice from the other end and his heart drops.

He opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

"Mom, I swear it does!"

Colby.

"Even so it looks odd here."

He comes to a realization that Colbys mother is the one who called as Colbys voice is more faint in the background.

"So, it's settled. We're calling someone to properly take it down."

Sam slams the phone back down, slapping his hand over his mouth, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

It felt wrong hearing someone's voice other than his boyfriends over that phone, he couldn't bring himself to speak.

He feels guilty in a way for even touching it, but, he feels overly upset and heartbroken over the fact Colbys parents are taking down the only connection he feels is all he has left of his boyfriend, or, from the last happy memories of him.