six

SERGIO
__

"MARXISM." THE SECOND I SPOKE everybody's focus and attention was solely on me. "It's a social, economic and political philosophy that analyses the impact of the ruling class on the laborers, leading to uneven distribution of wealth and privileges in the society. It stimulates the workers to protest the injustice."

My eyes instinctively searched the room for her. Only to realise she wasn't here yet but the woman — who's name is Vanessa, that she always sat next to was.

After Friday night I couldn't stop thinking about her or that look on her face after my subtly inappropriate comment.

"Can anybody give me an example of the term?" The reason why I was even looking for her in the first place was unbeknownst to me, she was my student and I was her professor. Nothing more, nothing less.

Which made me wonder why the minute I got home, I searched for her on social media trying to find out more about her. The woman haunted me, and we only had brief interactions.

Aaliyah should've counted her lucky stars because I had some decorum. If I didn't I would've dragged her into the restroom of that restaurant and bemt her over the sink.

Damn her for wearing that sexy fucking dress.

A young woman with long blonde hair raised her hand and I pointed in her direction before saying. "Yes, what's your name?"

She twirled her hair around her index finger and smiled before answering. "My name is Amber." She said shyly, I've been dealing with woman long enough to know she was anything but shy.

"Amber. Give me one example of Marxism."

"If a worker needs one pound to feed, clothe, and house himself, and he produces 5 pounds worth of goods per day, the capitalist would make four pounds in profit." The woman said confidently and I nodded.

"Correct. The theory was formulated by Karl Marx and Fredrich Engels in their work, 'The Communist Manifesto'. It was a pamphlet they created during the age of Imperialism, rooting from their own struggles as members of the proletariat lot." While speaking, everybody paid close attention to me and rightfully so.

Whenever I entered a room I demanded attention without having to speak. My mere presence always had that affect on people, women especially.

Before I could continue with my lecture the door opened and Aaliyah waltzed in, the normal reaction from a student when they arrived late would be to hang their head really low and avoid eye contact.

However she did no such thing, she held her head up high as she walked into the room and then looked at me. "I'm so sorry for my tardiness professor. I had a few personal matters to tend to." She said, sarcasm lacing her tone and then she walked towards her seat.

My jaw ticked due to irritation but I tried to ignore the feeling and continued with the in depth explanation of Marxism. "There are two obvious divisions in the Capitalist society – the Bourgeoisie and the Proletariats. The exploitation of the latter is the essence of Marxist ideology."

My mind was filled with different ways I wanted to punish the woman for brainwashing me by merely just looking at her but I pushed the intrusive thoughts to the back of my mind.