Chapter 8: The Good Samaritan

Author's note: This is a longer chapter and has two POV's in here. Both POV's take place at the same time, same day, it's just showing things from their own view together. Also, I did pull some scenes from the show (The Jugyeong drunk scene and the video being uploaded) But I took a LOT of creative liberty to spin the scenes into what I want this plot to progress into!

< SEOJUN POV >

"Did she really just insult you?" Lira, a fellow student of Seojun asked. Her voice low and above a mere whisper.

He'd only known her for three days, but learned she was extremely tall (he once accidentally ran into her and his forehead hit hers, something that rarely happens with girls), she had long hair that's always smacking him in the face when they walk side by side, and she has a beautifully soft voice.

Seojun rolled his eyes. "Please, her insults are ignoring me. That's her way of showing affection."

He sipped his iced vanilla latte and grins at the taste. She had made it exactly as he asked... Maybe she spit in it- he would never be able to tell.

The rest of the class involved leaving and learning to walk all the way back to the academy unassisted. Which... Went about as well as expected. Two students managed it without any hints, two others were fine with directions from strangers, and Seojun... Made it half a block before needing help.

"Man it's fine." An older classmate named Sikhyun pats Seojun on the back. "We've been in this class for 7 weeks. You're new, it'll take time."

"Who said I needed your help?" Seojun shrugged his touch off and clicked his tongue... That was not the way to make a friend.

He needed to befriend people, but it really was hard to be nice all the time.

"Hyung-" Seojun huffed, "sorry."

"You're a moody one." Sikhyun laughed, it's higher pitched than most men's, but still somewhat nice to hear.

"It's fine man, we all had mood swings from hell when we first got here." He added.

"I was a moody one before this." Seojun deadpans, grabbing his buzzing phone out of his pocket.

The phone reads off, "incoming call from... Eomma. Tap twice to answer, press the power button to decline."

Sikhyun spoke, clearly smiling, "Better not decline that."

Seojun tapped the screen twice and pressed the phone to his ear. "Eung?"

"I'm out front. Hurry up."

Seojun hangs the phone up and grabs his cane, reaching out to pat Sikhyun's shoulder just barely, "Gotta go."

"See ya around." Sikhyun stepped out to the side to let Seojun move.

The car ride to their appointment was awkward as always, Seojun's mom never really knowing how to connect with her son anymore.

"So...." She blows a long breath of air out. "How did class go?"

"The usual. Made a new friend I think."

"That's great! Any girls? Maybe?"

"Mom, I'm not looking for a girlfriend." Not when the only girl who made him feel something was Jugyeong.

"Well I know that." She said far too enthusiastically. "I was just wondering. Jugyeong did call me and asked if you needed anyone to pick you up this week from class- I have a late shift tomorrow."

"So she's getting me?" That would be hell. Or who knows... Maybe it would be nice. Maybe he could actually talk to her without Suho being around. Maybe... He could admit things to her.