Chapter 2: Visitors.

He really didn't want to freak out. He tried to bite his tongue, but he was spitting out words faster than he could comprehend and next thing he knew, he had cussed out the doctor, tried to get up from the bed, then fell over sobbing as his mother grabbed his shoulders and shook him frantically.

"Pull yourself together !" She scolds, continuing to shake seojun as he sobs louder and louder.

"It's easy for you!" Seojun snapped back, "you're not the one who can't see anything!"

"It's not easy at all! I'm watching my son fade away before my eyes! Every day I wondered if it would be your last! If I'd never get to hear your voice again! Now I'm learning that while it'll be hard- my son is alive. He's alive and I'll be able to feel his hugs and hear his laugh once more!"

"Yeah I can definitely laugh, eomma, it's a really funny situation."

She sucks in a deep breath and pushes seojun back into the bed with a huff. "You can be upset, but you will not treat others badly because of it. None of us did this to you. We're trying to help."

Biting his cheek and tasting the grit in the back of his throat, seojun nodded with burning cheeks. "It's just- it's-"

"I know darling." Her hands go through his hair and brush back the strands hanging in his face. "Gowoon will want to come by once she hears you're awake. Do you want me to wait to tell her?"

"I need a day." The last thing his sister needed was him screaming at her too.

"I'll let her know tomorrow after school."

Seojun gave a curt nod and went back to silence, his mind reeling.

He was supposed to be a model, how would he see his photos or his clothing or even his way around set? He wanted to be a singer, how would he read his sheets of music or even write his music now? Sure, someone could help him- but that defeats the whole point. He liked it because it was his, something he could do either with friends or entirely alone, with no help.

That wouldn't be possible anymore, would it?

How would he even study for tests or take his exams now?

And if he couldn't study properly or do well on his tests, how would he get a good job? Could he even work now? He never paid attention to the lives of disabled people before, what did they do to survive? They couldn't just live at home could they?

What about Jugyeong? This must settle things, she's only had eyes for suho to begin with, now she would never dare think twice about Seojun as anything more than a pity friend.

"We'll get you in with a good physical therapist, you'll be able to relearn things and go back to normal." His mother whispered after what felt like hours, he honestly thought she had left by now.

"There is no normal after this." He shook his head, maybe it wouldn't be all bad, but it would definitely not be normal.

Was this all his existence amounted to? Cold nothingness?

"It'll be okay."

Seojun clenched his teeth and shook his head, ready to throw something. "Can you just- stop trying to make it okay? Let it not be okay for a second."

He hears his mother inhale, ready to tell him something of hope- but she's thankfully cut off by the sound of a nurse entering the room.

"Now that you're awake and coherent, we need to try to have you eat something. If you're able to eat for today and keep the food down, we'll be able to remove the feeding tube, which may help your throat feel a little bit better."