Chapter 24: Misunderstanding.

SUJIN POV

"Have you seen Twitter?" It's been eight days since Seojun called her to talk about the whole dispatch situation. In those eight days, the dispatch staff member was heavily criticized for how he handled asking Seojun questions, and while a few people had some issues with the way Minjae handled it, most of the hate was directed towards dispatch and their unforgiving workers.

Twitter was still blowing up though, in reference to the interview and Seojun's comments during it.

A small group of netizens decided to trend the hashtag "Seojun apologize" saying he was overly harsh, and that the interviewer was only asking what everyone wanted to know.

"Yeah, it's number six on trending." Seojun rolled his eyes and tossed his phone onto the couch, he had been laying on the floor enjoying the warmth of a sun beam pouring in through Sujin's windows while she sat across from him, halfway working on a thesis and halfway watching Seojun as a distraction.

"No, have you seen what the fans have been doing with the hashtag?" Sujin repeated, the hashtag was trending, but the top liked tweets were all in favor of Seojun.

She clicked off of her school's website and went to twitter, reading aloud. "Seojun apologize? Hell yeah! Make this man apologize for being too sexy, I'm literally dying over here."

Seojun leaned his head up, "Really?"

"This one attached a fancam of you and said ' hashtag seojun apologize for winking like that, seriously, who let you ?'"

He laughs a deep laugh and sat up, patting the couch for his phone before turning it on and logging onto twitter. "I gotta see these."

His screen reads off each tweet he clicks on while Sujin gets back to studying.

#SeojunApologise for being one of the realest idols out there! He doesn't sugar coat things and you're all pressed because he didn't satisfy your little egos.

Seojun can apologize alright, apologize for wearing a shirt at the last concert. C'mon man, we know you're ripped. Show us. #SeojunApologize

While we're at it lets have #MinjaeApologize and #SeojunApologize for being built like Greek Gods. What is this????

"Well, Heejung is probably tweeting some of these from his undercover twitter account." Seojun's smile was unmatched, wide and bright and his eyes glowing.

The fans had come to his aid again, and the feeling of family and the fondness he held in his eyes proved that it was all worth it.

"I really want to do a vlive and just reply to every sassy comment with even more snark." He says softly, laying back against the floor and basking in the evening glow.

"You don't think you'll get in trouble with management, do you?" Sujin absolutely supported Seojun's statements in the interview, but he needed to be careful, he couldn't debut and immediately start pissing people off.

"For speaking the truth?"

"I mean, they probably don't want their members pissing off interviewers within the first year of their debut."

"The shit is that supposed to mean, Sujin?" Seojun sat up and folded his arms, his entire relaxed facade had melted away.

"I didn't mean it the way you're taking it-" She grimaced, "Damn, Seojun, do you think that lowly of me?"

"How do you think I'm taking it? Enlighten me."

Her body instantly stiffened, muscles tightening up in her shoulders and neck, her jaw began to tighten, heart quickening. "You think that I'm telling you to let people walk all over you, I'm not."

"But you are telling me to shut up for the time being so I can... what? Project the cute, innocent good boy image? God, you sound just like our manager."

Sujin slammed her laptop shut and stared a hole through Seojun's head, he didn't have to be so defensive all the time, they were a partnership, she wasn't his opponent.

"Okay." She grit the word out. "If that's what you think of me, why are you here then?"

Seojun ran a hand through his hair and laughed sharply. "Do you have to be so antagonistic all the time?"

"I don't see the point in you complaining to me but then getting pissed off when I give you advice."

"Because I don't want advice, Sujin!" He bellowed deeply, his eyes a flame and his hands shaking as he held them to his chest. "And I don't need anyone to tell me how to handle interviews, or how to handle how the world sees me, certainly not from the likes of you."

Sujin knew deep down it still went back to the video of Jugyeong she sent. Because Sujin never attempted to be diplomatic, never tried to be liked and never tried to hide things to help her reputation, Seojun wouldn't take her advice. He would always push it away.

"Get out." She stood and opened the front door. She wasn't going to entertain a hissy fit like this. If he couldn't see that she was trying to help him, then he could leave.

"Sujin-" He didn't look any calmer, but his voice had lowered to an acceptable level again, like maybe he was finally recognizing what he said. Though, he didn't apologize.

"Get out Seojun." She continued to hold the door, she wouldn't entertain this fight, if he wanted to see her as a bad person, then she could see him as a brat. She could tell him to leave, especially because her emotions were trying to bubble to the service, and she refused to cry during an argument.

"Why?" He stood and grabbed his bag, but didn't walk towards the door, his chest heaving. "Why should I have to leave just because you think you know how to handle this shit better than I do?"

"Because you're being an asshole!" Sujin shouted back, her voice sounded wet and her eyes well up with tears, she needed him to go. "Go."

Seojun stiffened once she shouted, and nodded, walking for the door and adjusting the cane around his wrist. "Gladly."

They didn't call or talk any Saturday or Sunday. Monday started with a bang and Sujin was back at school, her eyes still a tad puffy from crying off and on. After Seojun left Sujin pretty much slid into the floor crying. She wasn't sure why his absence affected her more than Suho's. When Suho was mad at her, she was able to shut off her emotions to avoid feeling them. With Seojun that wasn't an option.

She had never felt more alone in her life. She didn't have many friends at college, everyone from highschool hated her, she wasn't making friends at work, and now Seojun was gone. She had no idea what this meant for her relationship with him. Surely he would forgive her, especially when she wasn't even in the wrong (in her opinion.)

But it was Monday, and he still hasn't messaged or called, so it wasn't looking like they'd be making up anytime soon.

Next week their summer break would start, this college offered time off from the first week of June until the second week of August. Sujin couldn't wait, and it meant these classes were more relaxed because no tests were due.

It was a much needed break, with her mind going haywire, Sujin needed to see her therapist and needed to keep her mind off of Seojun as a whole.

If that was even possible.