Chapter 11: Brotherhood.

SEOJUN POV

His eyes open to pitch black. This time it wasn't his sight causing the issue, but the time. Seojun rolls over in bed and clicks on his phone, tapping the top of the screen twice. It reads out the time.

"Four twenty seven, AM."

Seojun typically sleeps through the night, unless a nightmare wakes him. Waking up from seemingly nothing was definitely out of the ordinary for him.

Until he hears a sniffle.

"Yah, Minjae-" Seojun whines and rolls onto his side, setting his phone on the nightstand. Another sniffle. "Hyunggggg, shut up."

No answer.

Seojun sits up, running a hand through his hair with a grumble, "Can you save your emotional crisis for a more humane time of day?"

"Seojun shut up." Minjae's voice snaps harsher than he's used to hearing. His voice didn't shake and held no emotion besides intense focus.

The sniffles were in the next room over.

"Heejung or Jeongin?" He whispers to Minjae, who's hand flies down from the top bunk and swats him to shut him up.

That stung.

"I'm so-" The voices were garbled through the wall, but Seojun could make out some of it. "The evaluation..... Dance..... My looks...... Sucks."

Pushing off of the bed and falling over a pair of misplaced shoes, Seojun had half a mind to go over there, see who was crying and tell them to shut up. Tripping over the shoes forced him to think a little clearer though, firstly- he had to tell the guys to stop leaving stuff out. With him being blind, he couldn't walk around freely if he had to fear objects thrown in the way.

Secondly, he too had once spent his nights sobbing into a pillow- waiting for the time he could finally be alone. He shouldn't scold; even if this did cost him precious sleep.

"Y'good?" Minjae slurs in his sleepy voice. There's a thump as he jumps off the bunk, foregoing the ladder entirely, and sets a hand on Seojun's back.

"Move your damn shoes, hyung." Seojun cursed and sat up, still hearing the sniffles and garbled words.

He pushes off of the ground and walks to the door, holding onto the wall and turning to his right. The second bedroom was just a few feet away from their own door, so Seojun counted in his head and rested his palm against the handle.

He pushes the door open silently, and the conversation halts.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Heejung asked in a weak voice, it's soft and breaks on nearly every word.

"Yes." Seojun deadpans, he doesn't dare walk into the room; Jeongin was known for being messy and Heejung refused to clean anything that wasn't his. Seojun hadn't mapped out the room and wasn't quite ready to fall on his face again, or look stupid wobbling around.

"Sorry, hyung." Jeongin says from somewhere to his right.

"Anyone wanna tell me what the crying is about?" Jeongin leans his shoulder against the doorframe and folds his arms, raising a brow expectantly.

"Um-" Heejung whispers, "I..."

"Well out with it-"

"Hyung doesn't want to tell you because he doesn't want to complain in front of you." Jeongin explains hurriedly, "We know you have bigger problems so it seems moot to whine to you."

If that didn't piss Seojun off, he didn't know what would.

"Yah-" His voice instantly falls deeper, "That never stopped you brats from complaining before." He should be nicer, but he really was tired. "Quit treating me like I'm some damn child you have to tiptoe around and just talk to me. Where's the brotherhood? Why all the secrets?"