72 - kitty

The next day I went to an animal shelter near by me.

I felt excited as I walked in. An older lady approached me.
"Hello dear" She said to me. She looked like a grandma who could bake the best cookies in the world. She was wearing a pink knitted cardigan.
"Hello" I said and smiled at her.
"How can I help you?" She asked.
"I'm looking for a cat, a kitten preferably" I told her.
"We have a few kittens, come here I'll show you" She said and started walking, I followed her. We walked past cages with dogs and whining puppies. The place was sad in a sense. I wished I could take all of the animals there home with me and take care of them.

"What's your name dear?" The lady asked me.
"Olivia" I answered.
"Okay Olivia, we have three little kittens" She said and showed me three cages with kittens.

She showed me all of the kittens, let me pet them and told me all about them.
One was dark brown, his name was Charlie, he was 4 months old.
The second one was a redhead named Miranda, she was 6 months old.

They were both really cute, but I fell in love when I met Kitty. Well, her name wasn't actually Kitty, the lady told me she they had just gotten her, so she didn't have an actual name yet and they call her Kitty.
Kitty was just a month old, she was white and fluffy and so tiny that she could lay in the palm of my hand. On her nose she had three little freckles.
She was happy, playful and a little crazy.
I was absolutely smitten with love for her, and she seemed to like me as well.

"Do you think we've found the one?" The lady asked. She smiled as she watched the cat play with my hand.
"I think so" I nodded. I could feel my eyes watering up a little bit.
"That's great, I'm sure you'll give her a nice home" She said to me.
"Yeah I hope so" I said. I really did hope so.
"So how does this work?" I asked.
The lady guided me through it all. I showed my ID, filled out forms, signed contracts and paid the adoptive fee. After all of that she told me all about how to take care of my kitten, which I already knew a bit about since I've taken care of Damianos cats previously. I was surprised by how easy it went by, but also really really excited to take Kitty home with me.

"So, any name ideas?" The lady asked as she handed me a cage.
"Kitty is starting to sound really good to me" I said to her. I hadn't thought about the name before I went to the animal shelter, I thought that the name had to fit the cat, but this little kitten really felt like a Kitty. 
I knew that people were most definitely going to make fun of me for naming a kitten Kitty, but I didn't care. Me and Kitty were going to be happy together.
"It suits her quite well doesn't it" The lady agreed.
We talked some more and she wished me best of luck before we parted ways.

I couldn't help but squeal as I walked out of the shelter building. I couldn't believe that the fluffy little creature was mine.

I was so excited that I went to the pet store immediately. I wandered down the aisles and picked up everything Kitty would ever need and more.
I got light pink food and water bowls, a litter box, a cozy bed, collars, a bunch of toys and much more.
I had to order a taxi and then get help from Marco to be able to get it all back to my apartment.

As soon as I came home I let Kitty out of the cage and picked her up into my hands.
"Vic!!" I called out. I knew how excited she would be.
"Did you get it?!" She asked as she came running towards the elevator where I stood.
"I got her" I said as I stroked the kitten's soft fur.
"Oh my god" Vic said shocked. I saw immediate love as soon as she laid her eyes on Kitty. I carefully handed the kitten to her.
"Oh my god" She repeated. "What's her name?" She asked. She was speaking in a baby voice as she petted the kitten.
"Is it totally lame to name her Kitty?" I asked. I wasn't sure of how she would react.
"It's totally adorable" She said and held Kitty up to her face.
"I think it suits her" I said.
"Definitely" She agreed. "Little Kitty" She pouted.