40 - golden

7:03 am
The next morning I woke up early to go on a morning run with Stella, like we always did in the mornings here. After multiple groans and come back to bed 's coming from Damiano I finally managed to get out of bed.
He watched me with sleepy eyes as I got changed and got ready.
"Last chance, stay with me" He spoke with his raspy morning voice and reached out his hand for me.
"Go back to sleep, I'll be back before you know it" I told him.
"Give me a kiss" He whined. I did as he said and leaned down to peck him on his lips, but as soon as I did so he eagerly pulled me in for more. Unwillingly I pulled away and took a step away from him. Staying in bed with him felt a lot more tempting than going on a run right now, but I never skipped workouts.
"Mean" He furrowed his eyebrows.
"Always leave them wanting more, right?" I teased him before walking out of the room.

I met up with Stella in the garden, we ran the same circuit as we always did, the path by the water. Even though the air was warm the grass was still dewy due to early hour and the sky was a carnation pink color as the sun peaked over the horizon.
I liked running, and exchanging the treadmill for the beautiful Italian landscape was a great change of scene. But during those 50 minutes that me and Stella spent running I only thought about one thing, the same thing I thought every time I ran, which frankly, was quite often. Running makes you skinnier. Perhaps that's the reason I like running so much.

8:07 am
After we finished our run I headed upstairs to take a shower in the bathroom next to Damianos room. I undressed completely and stepped in to the shower. I took a deep breath as the cool water hit my skin, it was a nice contrast for the overwhelming heat outside.
I closed my eyes and enjoyed the shower I'd been longing for during the sweaty run. I didn't notice someone else entering the bathroom until I felt a pair of hands on my waist and a raspy voice whispering close to my ear.

"Good morning baby" his words sent shivers down my spine and goosebumps spread over my body.
"Morning" I smirked and turned around to face him.
"Missed me?" He teased me as he stroked his hands up my wet body.
"Of course" I grinned and brought my arms around his neck.
"Good" He spoke shortly before sealing our lips together with a kiss. I ran my fingers through his wet hair as I kissed him back. He smoothly slid his tongue in my mouth, allowing himself to explore along with mine. The sun was burning through the window, making the water drops look like little droplets of gold surrounding us. My beautiful golden boy.

We stayed like that for a while, making out in that same shower like we had many times before.
We finished up and went down to the patio to eat breakfast. There the entire family was gathered.

"Tesoro!" Rosa chanted to Damiano.
"E la sua bella signora!" And his beautiful lady Stella added happily.
"Grazie" I chuckled as we sat down by the table.
"Would you like some cappuccino Olivia?" Rosa asked.
"Yes please" I replied.
"Dam, will you help me make more coffee?" Rosa said and stood up.
"I hate when you call me that" He complained.
"I think you like it, you just won't admit it, are you coming or not?" She laughed.
"Sì mammina" He said and walked with her towards the kitchen.
"Cocco di mamma" Mamas boy. I called after him to tease him a little. He looked back and jokingly narrowed his eyes and gave me a look of hostility before putting his arm around his mom.

Stella offered me a cigarette and I accepted. She lit it for me and I inhaled the smoke.
By the time Damiano and Rosa joined us I had served myself some strawberries and a slice of bread with butter, trying to work up the courage to actually eat. I took a sip of the cappuccino. I couldn't eat if I didn't drink something first and there was something special about cappuccinos on Italian summer mornings.
Carefully I grabbed a strawberry and took a bite. I didn't know why it was especially hard for me to eat right now. Usually it was easier when I was happy. And to an extent I was happy, I mean I was in a good place in life. Yet eating like nothing was wrong seemed like an impossible task at the moment.