48 - vienna waits for you

Two years ago my parents moved to Vienna, after I moved out they both got offered jobs in Austria, I haven't seen them since. They've sent an occasional present on christmas and my birthday, but we haven't been in touch more than that. I've just assumed that they've gathered the recent updates on me from the internet.

6:14 am
I got up early since I've decided to take the train. There's always so much paparazzi at airports plus I've always liked trains, they're very calm compared to hectic planes.

I had a single slice of bread with peanut butter for breakfast, did some very light makeup and packed the last few things before leaving. I was wearing a black long sleeve shirt with dark low waisted boot cut jeans.

As usual I smiled and waved to the paparazzi on the street even though I hated their guts.
The taxi driver helped me get my bags in and out of the trunk on the short ride to the train station.

I walked into the huge station and checked the big display with a screen where all the trains were listed. Rome to Vienna: 08:00. 75C

I was pretty good on time so I went into a shop and got some snacks and drinks for the long ride. As I stood by the register I saw the magazines lined up, they all had my face on it. Dramatic headlines about me and my friends. Everything for money.
The cashier tried her best not to look at the magazines while she was lining my products up. Not so successful.

I let out a sigh as I sat down in my seat. I had bought the tickets for the other three seats facing mine. Maybe it was a bit selfish but I really couldn't have people staring at me all day. Besides it's my money so I'll do whatever I want with it.

During the long train ride I talked a bit to Bianca, watched a few movies and ate some. It was actually quite nice.

It was late afternoon when I arrived in Vienna. A city which I've only been to once. Apparently it's ranked the best city for living quality, something which I've heard from google, not my parents who actually live here.

I couldn't help but get a little nervous as I stood at the door, just about to knock.
Just do it Olivia, it's just your parents.
I took a deep breath before bringing my hand up to the black door, forming a fist and letting it hit the door. Three short knocks.
I felt a wave of anxiety washing over me as I waited for them to answer the door. The reality was that I was scared of getting judged. I didn't care what people that don't know me say about me, well mostly, but I hate when people I care about judge me. I can't help but take it extremely personal.

Suddenly the door opened, and there they were. My mom and dad. I immediately dropped all of my bags down on the ground and ran to hug my mom.
"Oh sweetie" She chuckled and hugged me back. God I've missed her smell and her hugs. I was just a little kid who needed her mommy. The tears burned in my eyes and rolled down my cheeks. I never wanted to let go. My dad wrapped his arms around the both of us. I felt safe.
"Are you okay?" My dad asked. 
"No" I sniffled.
"You will be" He assured me. I didn't believe him, but I refrained from objecting.

After a while I finally let go and took my bags inside. I wiped my tears with a slight chuckle.
"So are you gonna give me a tour or what?" I teased them, they just chuckled and started showing me the house. It was very nice, very white and clean. It was a large house, newly built, high ceilings. Large windows let in a lot of light, making it even more white.
It was very nice, but also very plain. The exact opposite of my apartment.

They showed me the guest room and told me I could sleep there if I wanted to. The walls were covered in a white wallpaper with tiny pink flowers. In the middle it was a queen sized bed that was freshly made. There was a desk, a closet and a big mirror. I thanked them and said that I'd love to sleep there.