7 - not too shabby

As soon as we stepped out of the car we were stopped by paparazzis and interviewers.

Some of them asked who I was and why they had brought me, but surprisingly many actually knew who I was.

I just smiled and waved, I had encountered paparazzi and press before, but I was still a bit nervous, but Vic sure wasn't.

"This, ladies and gentlemen..." She grabbed my hand and put it up to the sky.
"Is Olivia Darcy, my best friend and the coolest person in the world!" She smiled and the guys cheered, even Damiano smiled.

We finally managed to get into the hotel after a while of posing for pictures and answering questions.

There we met their crew, they had a lot of people working for them, which felt kind of strange to me, I mean to me they just were my friends, I've known them for so long that sometimes I forget that they actually are famous.

We met some of the other contestants, they all looked so cool, I was really nervous to talk to them, but they were really nice.

Suddenly I heard someone saying my name so I turned around.

"Omg, no way! Olivia Darcy!" It was Destiny competing for Malta who was standing with Elena competing for Cyprus. They walked towards me.

Wait, they know who I am?

"We were hoping that you'd come with Måneskin, we're like your biggest fans, we watch your videos all the time!"

"Hi girls, I can't believe you know who I am!" I said and hugged them.
"I've been listening to both of your songs and they're so incredible!" I said.
"Me and Victoria literally just talked about it on the way here, don't tell the other contestants but we think either of you is going to win" I continued.

"Oh I'm not so sure of that" Elena laughed.
"No offense to you Destiny but I think Italy is going to take home the price" Elena continued and they both laughed.

"Yeahh they're okay I guess" I said ironically and we all laughed.

"I guess we'll see how it goes, but in the meantime, I'm very excited to get to know both you and Måneskin better during these 3 weeks, I can tell that we're going to have a lot of fun!" Destiny said.

"Oh yes I'm sure of that" I agreed.

We kept talking for a while, they filled me in on all the gossip about the other contestants, since they both arrived yesterday they have had the chance to talk to everyone already, and I told them all about Måneskin.

Then Victoria introduced me to TIX, who's competing for Norway. He was incredibly funny, I was very excited to get to know him and all of the others that didn't have the time to talk to yet.

A while later we entered the elevator.
"Soo, who do we befriend and who do we avoid?" Thomas asked.

Thomas wasn't mean, but that boy did love occasional trash talking, only about people who deserve it, obviously.

"I really like Destiny and Elena, oh and TIX!"
I said.

"Yes TIX is very funny! I also really liked that Romanian girl, I think her name is Roxen"
Victoria said.

"Oh yes she was very pretty!" Ethan said.

"Oooh I think someone has a little crush!" I said.

"Noo, la ciancia!" Ethan said and I laughed.

"Did you also get like a weird vibe from those guys.. I think they're called The roop?" Thomas asked.

"The Lithuanian guys? Yeah me too!" I said.