..Hello and Goodbye.. (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(I was inspired by a ninjago fanfiction story that I wanted to make an AU about for The Monkie Kid Oneshot. Another warning folks.... This contains angst~~)

It was a very dark stilled night, sooner or later the sun will chase the moon away for daylight to come. However, it was still night time where the beautiful moon stays at the sky in gracefulness.

A figure slumped down beside the fire pit with solemn eyes.

The person touched their best friend as they greeted them. Their fire breathing dragon friend...

The person had finally spoken at last, "Hey Mei... How ya doing?"

Mei quivered, 'everything's fine, what about you though?'

MK chuckled at her remark, but it soon died out quickly.

"Not so good... After we defeated Lady Bone Demon, everyone has changed a lot..."

He paused, waiting for her to say anything. When she didn't, he continued.

"Monkey King regretted his plan you know.. He's not really himself. I also noticed that he's been second guessing all of his decision now! I guess he learnt his lesson huh?"

'...''Mei wavered at MK's joke.

"You know... Macaque's been hanging around the noodle shop with the little girl. He probably felt guilty for he had done. Imagine that! We got someone who can match up to the Monkey King's powers! We're going to be an unstoppable force! ...."

"Mr Tang hasn't touched any scrolls or weapons lately... We both know he was confronting his choices back then when you got the Samadhi Fire.. But he's still the same, still hoarding those noodles!"

"We haven't heard anything from Red Son lately. He's probably shutting himself... Before he suddenly disappeared, he told me that he wished he was never born with powers. I know right! Its so depressing hearing it from the Red Son!"

"After your parents heard about the defeat of LBD, they were crying. They were happy for you. Hey!"

MK's hand stung from the flame that she splashed to him.

"That hurts you know!"

'pff! Sorry'

MK sighed from her remark, "It's true. Your parents were pretty happy for you Mei..."

"They missed you Mei..."

"We missed you..."

"You probably also know this but even that fiery headed Red Son misses you.."

"...And I missed you..."

MK's eyes began to water.

Mei's warm touch held his face, wiping his tears.

"I want to hold you again... To see your smile. Your laughter. Your comments. I wished you didn't go and sacrificed yourself to defeat her. I wished we had more time together, before you become... The fire itself..."

'I'm sorry MK.. I also wished we had more time too...'

The flame soon died, leaving MK alone.

He started tearing up again. The pain and the anguish hurts him dearly. Losing his best friend turned him into a miserable guy who still mourned for her after she turned as the fire 2 years ago.

MK cried and cried and cried.

He cried his heart and soul out.

He cried until the sun rose up and chased the moon away...

(So this was a short AU of Mei becoming the Samadhi Fire to defeat Lady Bone Demon. Mei will always live in their hearts. The good here is that she sorta found a way to communicate with the other. 

I was inspired by the AO3 ninjago fanfiction story 'Snake Jay AU' by dkWhereIAmWhatAmIDoing 

link: 

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Snake%20Jay%20Walker )