Seeing You Again!~ (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(Just trying to cover more of the relationships in Monkie Kid. Main story about Nezha and Bai He)

After the defeat of Lady Bone Demon, the lotus prince decided to stay on Megapolis for a little while.

He suspects that Sun Wukong may be up to his sly little tricks again as well with the Six-Eared Macaque.

That's why he was living with Sun Wukong... To be precise, Nezha didn't have a place to stay... It' still made a good excuse though.

Having to adjust to the city culture, Nezha was currently wearing a grey purple coat with light pink lotus pattern at the bottom of his coat; red undershirt; his red ribbon acting as a scarf; turquoise pants tied with a golden belt; gold bracelets hidden beneath his sleeves; brown boots with a gold sole that holds the fire wheels inside.

Nezha looked at the café's menu board from above, choosing which food he will try next. He's been going to this café every day, always ordering something different when he came. He has ordered 40 out of 120 different foods / drinks. 80 left to go.

At the moment, his thinking about ordering a steamed dumpling or a red bean cake. He hasn't tried both...

"Two red bean cakes please!" A girl beside him had said, "red bean cakes are deliciously good!"

Nezha thought about her comment and has finally concluded what he wanted to order, "I'd like to order a red bean cake thank you". The cashier lady exhaled, glad that the customer has finally chosen his order. (He was there for a long time, and believe me, you would have been glad too).

"Oh! Your ordering it too!" the girl said to him. Somehow she looks familiar.

Nezha turned his head to look at her, "yes, I am-...!"

"It's YOU!" the two yelled in unison.

"Lucky, out of all places, were able to meet again without anything bad happening," Bai He giggled.

"Lucky it is in a café instead of a battlefield," Nezha joined her at a table to wait for their food.

"How are you? I haven't seen you since you-know-what," Bai He meekly said the last line.

He chuckled slightly, "I'm going good. I'm adjusting here... Also living under Wukong to get a close eye on him, just in case he does anything stupid again like last time. What about you little girl?"

Bai He's cheeks turned red, "its Bai He in case you forgotten..."

"I know... Bai He... Hmm.. Bai He," Nezha said, trying out the name on his mouth, "I'll stick with little girl. As you know I am a few hundred older than you, it's only natural to call you that."

Bai He sighed in disappointment and pouted, "it would be fine if you wouldn't call me that.."

"Would you prefer 'female child' instead?" Nezha grinned, teasing the girl.

The girl muttered something under her breath.

The waiter places the food that they both ordered on the table.

"Thank you!" They both said at once.

Neither of the two comrades had spoken a word as they eat their food.

Bai He was the first one to break the ice.

"How are you going with the food Mr Ne Zha? Do you like it?"

Nezha only nodded in response.

"Do you often come here Mr Ne Zha?" Bai He asked him.

"Yes.. And would you please stop calling me 'mister'.. It makes me feel too old."

"Only if you stop calling me a little girl, Mr Ne Zha," Bai He teased him.

"Ok little girl," Nezha chuckled, somehow it made Bai He's cheeks warm.

Bai He sighs, "I believe you're a lost cause Mr Ne Zha..."

Nezha's grin faded.

'Perhaps I shouldn't have said that..' Bai He thought, as she noticed the silence between them.

Nezha stand up, "It was nice meeting you again, little girl."

And then he left.

Just like that.

She was sitting by herself like usual. (Usually when there's no one to hang out since the others are busy doing other things).

Bai He quickly swallowed her last piece of food before rushing out of the shop.

She looked around.

'Looks like his gone...' She pulled her head down in disappointment.

A ping noise came from her phone. (It was one of Mei's backup phone that Mei had given her as a gift).

'The noise was just a reminder of..!'

The little- the 'lady' sprinted her way to a plush store that has cute stuffed small creatures or objects.

"Let's see..." She examines the black monkey plush.

"What sort of thing is that?" A voice spoken behind her nearly causing her drop the monkey.

"N-Ne Zha?!" Bai He stuttered when she saw who it is.

Glanced at her as she said his name.

"Oh it's you.."

Nezha's smile somehow makes her want to smile too.

"What do you have there Mr Ne Zha?" Bai He checks out the plush he was holding onto.

He looked hesitated.

Then decided to show her what it was.

Bai He's squeal made him flinch.

And made him smile even wider than before.

"It's a cute lwitte skeleton kwitty cat!" She wasn't really aware of her behavior as her eyes light up to the plush and was in the process of squeezing the poor toy of its life force.. If it has one.

Nezha couldn't stop his laughter at that sight of her anymore.

. . .

After they left the store, Bai He complained to him.

She exhaled, "I really want it... But oh well! At least I got this!" She showed him the black monkey. He took a guess that it's for that Six-Eared Macaque.

Nezha soon observe her sudden change of emotion.

It was interesting to see that for the third lotus prince.

He wonders what her reaction will be when...

The two peacefully walked in silence.

And then it was time to say good bye as they had arrived to Macaque's place.

"I'm so glad we have met again Mr Ne Zha and thank you for today." She fiddled with her locks. She was standing on her tip toes. Her face was slight flushed, which Nezha couldn't comprehend what caused it.

"Likewise, Bai He," Nezha replied.

A skeleton cute cat plush flew towards her.

She caught it.

Her faced painted with confusion.

"You said you wanted it, right?"

"Th-Thank you Ne Zha!"

"I hope I get to see you in that café again, Bai He."

And then he left her.

"See you then Ne Zha.." She whispered so softly and quietly that no one can even hear her, except for the Six-Eared Macaque.

The two couldn't wait for their next hang out.

(Things didn't exactly worked out in my account... Someone please hit me before I randomly start shipping these two O-O .)