Expecting You (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(Prequel to the oneshot "Child of a Hero; Child of a Villain".)

The raven haired female yawned, placing her elbow at the bench as it holds the weight of her face.

Her stomach grumbled in hunger.

"What's got you up so early Mei?" The demon pig said as he prepared for the day.

"Dunno Piggy. Just wanted to eat your food," the young girl said nonchalantly. "Are you going to make something spicy today?"

He looks at the storage, "yes."

"Cool. One spicy noodle please!" Mei stretched her hand out to give him the money.

He sighed, "do your parents know you're here?"

Mei went mute.

"Nope! They are still currently overseas."

"And they left you... all alone?"

She shrugged as if it was normal, "I'm already 17. 'I'm old enough to take care of myself,' they said."

"Mei..."

"Don't worry about me! I am definitely fine. I'm having the best time of my life! Especially 3 weeks ago~" She giggled as he took the money.

"Do I even want to know?" Pigsy turned to make her order. "So what's it going to be? Too spicy or just the usual spiciness?"

"Hmm... I wanna have a break from the usual."

The place was silent, except for the sound of the chef's cooking.

"Thanks for the food!" Mei clapped her hands as Pigsy placed the food on front of her.

The demon stared at the girl who wolf down the noodles. And he only knows two people who can match her pace.

"Is MK getting up soon?" She asked.

He looks at the clock.

The kid's 20 minutes late for his work which makes no sense as the boy literally lives upstairs of the noodle shop.

"His shift already started. You can wake him up if you want."

"M'kay. I have a weird question."

"Shoot."

"Is it possible to get a hot and spicy flavour in ice cream?"

Pigsy was dumbfounded by her question, utterly shock that anyone would ask that. He had expected her not to even ask that kind of question!

The only thing that came out of his mouth was: "seriously?"

She rubbed the back of her head, "it's just that... For some reason, I'm kinda craving it right now...?"

"Oh there's an ice cream shop that sells those a few blocks from here," The brunette boy spoken behind her, making her flinch at his sudden appearance.

"Also I'm so sorry I'm late Pigsy! I-"

"It's fine kid. Also how do you know that they do?"

MK gave him a sheepish grin.

-2 weeks later-

Mei looks at her calendar with a blank expression in her bedroom.

She was particularly eyeing at the red circled date. She was expecting for her menstruation to start at that day.

Perhaps she circled the wrong date?

No, it wasn't.

A week and a half had already passed by from that date.