You By My Side (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(Moons. Fluffs. I wanted to publish this next month but I just couldn't wait. So here it is! :3)

The door swing opened.

There, a black furred demon monkey appeared.

"Chang'e. Please. Don't." He held both of her hands with his at the bottom.

"Macaque..." She murmured his name in a soft voice, "you'll still visit me won't you?"

...

"Mango?"

...

"Please..."

"I will Chang'e."

"Thank you Mac."

He let go of her and stared at the ceiling.

"What if..."

" 'What if' what?"

The demon sighed and shook his head, "nothing... It's just a silly thought..."

She grab hold of his face, squishing it and made him look at her.

"What if we run away?"

"..Huh..?"

"We ditch this place and start a new life. Just me and you. You know we could maybe... Start a family. Have little monkeys running around the house. Make delicious food. And living out the best of our lives in a faraway place from here. Somewhere that's away from him."

Her hold of him had loosen. He lifted his hand and touched her cheek.

Just once does he wished that she would come with him. That she would choose him over Wukong.

However, deep down inside... He knew he can't change her mind.

"I'm sorry Macaque... I can't."

She loves Wukong.

"I can treat you better than he can. Loving him will be a mistake Chang'e! He'll just leave you behind. You'll be toss aside. I don't want that to happen to you. I care deeply for you. Much more than you can imagine..."

...

"I love you Chang'e," he slowly move closer to her, checking if it was alright to proceed. Then he did it.

He smelled her dark locks when he pulled away from her.

"Anyway, you look gorgeous in that white dress. Wukong's lucky. Oh well... See you around Chang'e."

After Macaque left, the wedding goes on.

She never saw him then.

She stares at the globe facing the moon.

He was right.

He left her behind.

Now she was alone.

Weeping at her mishap, she grew a custom to the loneliness.

Although he told her he'll visit her... He never came. Not even once.

"Jerks..." The now moon goddess muttered in irritation.

"So who are the jerks?"

"Those two monkeys...--" She snapped her head to see a black furred demon monkey.

"MACAQUE!" She tackled him down.

He chuckled, "hey there Chang'e."

Tears were flowing down her face. She was filled with emotions. She doesn't know whether she should be angry or happy that he was here.

Instead, she listened to his heartbeat.

"It's ok Chang'e."

"I-I missed you..." She sobbed.

"Likewise."

They stood there without any interruption.

"I should have listened to you..."

He patted her head, "there there. I'm sorry it took so long for me to visit you."

"Macaque?"

"Yes Chang'e?"

"I love you."

"Heh. I love you too."

With that, they both sealed it with a kiss.

They can't undo the past, but they can change the future.

(It's getting hard to get ideas for this oneshot. This was sort of inspired by my lastest chapter of 'Igniting The Love (A Monkie Kid Story)'. 

Plot: Chang'e marries Wukong. Macaque gets heartbroken. Wukong sends Chang'e to the moon. Chang'e gets heartbroken. Then Chang'e and Macaque get together again and have monkeys. XD

Hope you all enjoyed this! See you on the next one~! <3)