Remembering Hurts... (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(Red Son...)

The green dragon got up early from her bedroom. That was a start. A year has passed after their last battle with the Lady who wanted to start everything from scratch.

Ping!

A notification popped up on her phone's screen.

MK.

'Are you coming to Pigsy's? If not, I'll bring the noodles with me.'

'I'm coming!'

'REALLY?!?!!'

Mei giggled at Mk's response.

It's been awhile...

Her normal routine is coming back to her.

With the sound of her whistle, her bike flew out of nowhere and she hoped on cue. Speeding off to Pigsy's.

The tires screeched at a stop. She had arrived at her destination.

A head poke out of the door.

"Mei?!" Her best friend cried in shock.

"Hey there Monkie Man!" She says as she placed her helmet on the bike.

"I told you I'd be here!"

"I-I thought you were kidding..." MK stuttered.

Mei wrapped her arm around MK, "let's go get some noodles! It'll be my treat!"

As they entered the shop, the pig man and the scholar were quarreling like old couple. The usual squabble.

"Two bowls of noodles, Pigsy!"

The moment she spoken, the two went dead silent. They had the same reaction as MK had.

"How you feeling Mei?" Pigsy asked her when he placed the bowl in front of her.

"I'm feeling good! Better than usual." Mei digs in on her noodles.

"I can't believe it's working..." Tang accidentally muttered out loud. With her mouth full, she gave him a questioning look.

"Nevermind," Tang swayed his hand in dismissal.

When MK's shift was over, he was dragged by Mei.

"WHERE ARE WE GOING?" MK screamed as he gripped tightly onto his friend's waist.

The bike came to a halt, revealing the destination of the place. The temple.

"Let's go to Monkey King's random stuff of artifacts!" Her eyes were beaming with excitement. While MK looked at her with a blank expression.

"Remember that big dumpling that was about to hit the city?"

"Yeaaah..?"

"You choose Tang. And you found something amazing in that room... I wanna see the stuffs!!" Mei explained.

MK hesitated, "I'm not sure.. Monkey-"

At once, the bubbly girl dragged him inside and used his hand to open the barrier.

"YOU ABDOMINAL OF A SIMIAN. HOW DARE YOU TALK TO-" A lady shouted at the monkey, it was Princess Iron Fan... But the descendent of the great dragon king of the west did not know. 'Who is she... Why is she here... Also is that a BULL?!' Mei wondered as she peeks at the strangers from hindsight.

"Okay... Let's just go and get out of here!" MK whispered to her.

"WHY IS IT MY FAULT?! YOU RELEASED THAT DEMON FROM HER IMPRISONMENT!" The great sage shouted back.

It appears the woman and the King were having a yelling competition.

"WELL YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TRIED TO USE THE SAMADHI FIRE!"

"IT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT COULD HAVE DEFEATED HER! I COULDN'T EVEN DEFEAT THAT DAMN WOMAN MYSELF!"

"I-..." The woman was speechless. She was crying.

"Wukong, you've really messed up big time." The bull spoken, holding the shoulders of the woman.

"I know ox brother... But it was the only option I had at that point..." Monkey King said in guilt.

There was a brief moment of silence. The bull first spoke: "there's not a day goes by that I have regret my decision. I wished I had spent more time with my son instead of wasting it by trying to take over the city."

The monkey nodded, he himself also felt that.

'What's with these mood? Now that I think about it, those two somehow looks familiar...' Suddenly MK noticed Mei's face.

"Are you ok Mei?" MK looks at her with concern.

"What do you mean MK?"

"You're crying."

So that's why she felt something on her face. For some reason the conversation they are eavesdropping made her heart ache in agony.

"KID! And Mei...?!" The golden monkey cried out, he was startled and so was the demon bull family.

And then she remembered.

Why she felt this way...

How she hated that monkey but at the same time felt sympathy for him.

She remembered him.

"MEI!" Everyone shouted.

He was gone.

The fire consumed his body.

It shouldn't have, but it did.

He didn't tell the dragon, only the noodle boy.

His death created a major distance among them.

It hurts her.

Every day it was like she was out of breath.

Her friends tried making her better and tomorrow they did.

She'll feel happy and better in a couple of days. She'll feel like herself.

She'll forget everything about him... It was as if she never even knew of his existence.

Until she returns to her meltdown when something reminded her of him.

Their memories together...

She only wants the suffering to end.

Is that why everyone's keeping a close eye on her?

In case she wants to see that red haired demon...

She missed him.

She hated him.

She loved him so much, she ended like the way she is now.

A heart missing its other half.

She.

Is.

BROKEN.

(So in summary, Red Son wasn't able to stand the Samadhi Fire and that took a huge toll on his body. After two days had passed since LBD's defeat, Red Son was more tired than usual and MK asked him if he was alright. Red told MK not to tell anyone, and the next day he had passed away. I love my Angst owo . I need F1!~)