Conflict Between Identity & Friendship (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

(hi-)

The thing nearly had them. Fortunately, a green light speed passes them and blocked the attack. It was a raven haired girl with green highlights, struggling with her jade short sword. Suddenly her sword starts to crack from the great force it was deflecting on. Then it shattered, creating a blinding green light over the island. The girl flew away along with the broken pieces of her sword's remains from the impact.

"Dragon girl!" "Mei!"

The brunette boy noticed another incoming attack from the thing – and it looks like its heading for the fiery red companion. "Red! Watch out!" Red turned around too late; his eyes widen in fear. He closed his eyes for the impact. He took a little peek and saw the brunette boy hit the attack with his staff. Like Mei, they too were flung from the impact. And everything went black.

. . .

Until it wasn't. Red groaned as he woke up from the soreness of his body. He groggily looks at his surroundings. It seems they were back on that big blue guy's boat. He stood up and went to find the brunette boy kneeling down at the edge of the boat. His back turned from Red

"Noodle boy?" 

"I can't do this anymore." 

"What are you talking about?! We need to go back and help the dragon girl! She's battling that thing without her weapon!"

The noodle boy faced him, showing him the staff with the cracks emitting a yellow glow while releasing a few sparks. "One more hit and its over Red!"

The red headed rolled his eyes, "oh seriously noodle boy? The dragon girl got hers broken! Yours is still fine to use!"

"One more hit and its over Red Son!" The boy repeated more firmly this time.

"It's just a staff! You-"

"Just a staff?!" He snapped.

"You... You know what I mean!"

"We are talking about the legendary staff! Monkey King's possession which he passed it down to me! This staff is important!"

"Hah! He stole that from the dragon girl's great uncle!"

The brunette boy stood still, his body now glitches in yellow and releases small sparks, "without the staff, I am nothing!"

"You're just going to let her die?"

"I have no choice! If I go back there, my staff won't be able to take it! And I'm not MK without it!"

"The weapon does not define you noodle boy, its what's here that does," Red placed his palm on top of his chest – where his heart beats. "We need to go back to that island and defeat that thing... and save... Mei, the others, the city, the world, and the universe. That's Monkie Kid 101, right?"

MK gave him a small smile, "you've grown to become a hero Red."

"I had great annoying teachers," he puffed out.

Red then realized that MK was already standing at the edge of the boat, facing the ocean. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going," MK stated.

"No you're not. You're coming with me to that island! I don't care if I have to drag you along - kicking and screaming."

The brunette boy tightly grips onto his staff as he suddenly turned into his monkey form. "I'm not going on a suicidal mission Red Son! I... I'm leaving now."

"N-no you can't!" Red said to the bird in which MK transformed as.

"Goodbye Red Son."

"No! I, Red Son, order you to stay on this boat. The flames of the fire has chosen me-"

"Well... They chose wrong."

And then MK flew away.

(I realized I didn't publish anything in here last month-)