The Worst Biggest Lie Ever (A Monkie Kid OneShot)

In Megapolis, the city where a certain hero resides – Monkie Kid. Or also known as Qí Xiǎotiān, but prefers to be called MK. Is currently in Pigsy's Noodles Shop, having a conversation with his best friend, Mei at his break time.

"Pff- As if Red Boy is courting one of us!" Mei spoken, denying the fact that Red would be doing that sort of thing.

MK's trying to convince her that in demon courting (which he had just learned from his mentor, Monkey King, the great sage who's equal to Heaven), they would fight their love interest to show their superiority and strength.

"But Mei! Red is-"

"Yeah yeah.. Red's been calling us names, like he calls you 'noodle boy' and 'peasant', while he calls me 'dragon horse girl', 'dragon girl', 'pony girl', 'imbecile', and also 'peasant'... Oh. Ooooooooooh."

Mei finally worked it out, which means the message was sent loud and clear into her brain. "RED BOY IS COURTING US! OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMIGOSH!"

MK was about to tell her he told her so when his phone started ringing.

He glanced at the calling number, and pulled his phone away in his pocket again.

Mei stared at him in disbelief, "shouldn't you be answering that?"

MK hesitated, before pulling out his phone again.

"I'm going to take this call," MK stated as he went at the back of the shop.

"Hey..." MK meekly greeted the person from the other line of the call.

"Ayyy bro! Wazzup???" MK winced at the loud volume.

"What do you want Moon?"

"Aww.. Can't I just talk to my bro Xiaotian?"

"We both know that you only call me for important things. Now why did you call me?"

He could hear her sighed from the other end, "fa-fine! Da- Mike's coming to visit you in two days."

MK went pale immediately. Mike. Why now? After two years, he's going to drop into his life and... This is bad. No, not bad. It is worse and disastrous.

"Xiaotian? You there bro?" Moon's speech brought him back to reality. He had forgotten he has still on the line with Moon.

"Sorry Moon, I just- I was..."

"I get it. I'm sorry I couldn't convince him. I really tried. I-"

"It's ok I guess... I know you did Moon..."

A few seconds of silence went by before they started talking again.

"What are you going to do now?" Moon asked him, he could tell she was concerned from her voice.

"I'll figure something out..."

"Mmm.. You always do."

"Thanks for the heads up Moon."

"Anything for you, bro~~"

"That sounded a bit creepy,"

Moon giggled, "Bye Xiaotian! I'm sure everything will work out in the end."

The call then ended after Moon's last sentence.

What was he going to do now?

One thing for sure, he'll just have to do what he has always been doing when he came back to Megapolis.

And that is to-

"MK! MK! MK!" Mei yelled out his name while shaking him, causing him to disrupt his thinking.