benny's a fool and he thinks he'll be okay

A few days later, Frida was in the comfort of Agnetha's apartment, November had ended and December had begun. She was sitting on the piece of furniture in front of the window, some snowflakes were falling on the glass. The place was truly cozy, she had her pajamas on, the light from a floor lamp illuminated the room and she was reading from her favorite book.

She had a cup of hot chocolate next to her, with as much vanilla as she liked. She looked outside, she missed her family a lot, but was really enjoying the days alone to think and rest. Ever since she opened her eyes from the accident hadn't had time to find herself. The doorbell interrupted her thoughts, she frowned as she wasn't expecting anyone, then looked at the clock on the wall, it was 7:00 p.m., she thought it could be Agnetha. She stood up, put on her white slippers, closed her white robe, and headed to the door. Through the hole she could see Ragnar and immediately she got flustered, but proceeded to open the door.

"Good evening," he gruffly said as soon as he saw her.

"Ragnar," Frida said in surprise. "What are you doing here?" She glanced around to see if he had brought someone else, there was no one.

"Can I enter?" He asked, giving her a seductive look that made her legs tremble for no reason.

"Yes, please," she allowed and once inside she closed the door behind her.

"Perhaps you're wondering what I'm doing here," he began, noticing her confused face.

"That's right," she agreed. "And how do you know I'm here?" She added to the question.

"Lotta told me," he paused and locked his gaze on her again. "I've been talking to her about the situation, about your pregnancy," he confessed.

"How is she?" Frida asked and took a seat, indicating as well. "I don't want her to think I abandoned them but I needed to be away from all of them," she added.

"I see. She thinks it's her fault you're divorcing Benny," Ragnar pointed out after sitting down.

"No, I will not divorce Benny. And if that were the case, it wouldn't be her fault either," Frida shook her head and closed her eyes.

"I told her the same thing," Ragnar explained. "But she is convinced to blame herself. She also says that you don't want to hear from them because she rejected your pregnancy."

"That's partly true," Frida bit her lip. "But I don't want her to see it that way, because in the end the decision is mine. I just want to understand how to handle the situation, so I walked away," Frida explained.

"Have you progressed?" Ragnar asked. "I say, have you achieved your goal?"

"So so. The truth is that I have been more relaxed," Frida confessed.

"That is important," Ragnar said and silence reigned for nearly a minute. "I think you should talk to her when you're ready, she'll end up understanding sooner or later. She's just scared but that doesn't mean she doesn't love her little sibling, "Ragnar crossed his fingers, Frida watched his every move.

"So you think?" She asked timidly and interested in his advice. "What interests me most is that she doesn't make it more difficult and we enter in chaos."

"She will understand, she doesn't want you to be bad either. Lotta cares for you," Ragnar replied. "Perhaps you should look for her soon."

Before they could both continue the conversation, the doorbell rang again, they both looked at each other, Frida herself wasn't expecting anyone. She got up from the sofa and headed for the door, Ragnar staying in his initial position, now with his head down and rubbing his hands together. Benny was on the other side of the door, charming as ever; Frida began to tremble, now she would have more drama in her life. "Don't you miss me?" He said half smiling at her, in his hands he had two paper bags from the supermarket. Then he dared to go inside and realized that she was not alone.