litte game

Frida was sitting in a cafe while eating cinnamon rolls for dessert, she had invited Lotta for a while so they could talk, she didn't want to do it at home because she felt that she didn't want anyone to interrupt the conversation, besides the fact that the cafe was a warm and comfortable, including that she needed to get out a bit more.

Frida had her legs crossed as she rested her arm on the back of the chair and Lotta tried to avoid her gaze at all costs, concentrating on her cinnamon roll and her hot chocolate. "So tell me... what are all your feelings?" Frida questioned.

Lotta looked up and it took her a while to reply, "About what?"

"About the family, the baby..." Frida clarified.

"I guess you knew my opinion about you having more children, I didn't think it was convenient because I finally had you for myself, it took a long time for it to be like that, so having a child means that I am no longer your attention," Lotta said. "It may sound selfish but I want your love only mine because I spent a lot of time when I was little thinking that you didn't love me because you had abandoned me," she confessed.

"I'm so sorry," Frida replied. "Nothing I can say or do is going to make up for lost time and I regret that I put my career before my family, but at the time I thought I had no choice," she was aware of how life had been, so she dared to say that.

"I know you had no choice," Lotta answered but then she fell into an awkward silence and tears came out, causing Frida to become alarmed. "You had the option of choosing not to have any more children," and that ended up destroying her. Frida was stunned and she leaned back, she turned her gaze to the floor, wanting to cry too, she didn't know how to proceed. There were many things to think about.

"Lise-Lotte, tell me something..." Frida returned her gaze to rest on her, a gaze that was broken and lost, Lotta forced herself to meet her eyes, which were penetrating and challenging. When Frida noticed that she had her attention, she proceeded, "If I tell you that I am going to give up this baby for the well-being of the family," she couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth, and even though she didn't want that, it could be a option, because the last thing she wanted was to hurt her daughter, "if I told you I won't have it, would you be happy with the decision? Would you finally agree to have a healthy relationship with your mom again?"

Lotta was surprised, she never thought that of all the options her mother could consider that, it was a very drastic measure and she did everything for her. "Would you consider that just for me?" Lotta questioned.

"It's not something I want to do, and maybe I'll never forgive myself, but something I'd never forgive myself for is that our mother-daughter relationship deteriorates and fails just because of this," she explained.

Lotta shook her head, "no mom, of course I wouldn't ask you to do something like that," she started to tremble, she had a big decision on her hands but then she thought about how selfish she was sounding, to the point that it could take her mom to make a wrong decision. She looked at her mom's growing belly, "That's not an option Frida," Lotta repeated in denial.

"So, I don't know what else to do because it's already there," Frida pointed to her belly. Lotta crossed her arms and looked at her scared just thinking that her mom would consider having an abortion against her will and because of her fault, she made her feel even worse.

"Benny would hate me forever," Lotta burst into tears again just thinking about it, she didn't want to because even though the place was almost empty and comfortable, it was still a public place. She covered her face with her hands as she sobbed, Frida couldn't take it anymore and went to her to hug her, she couldn't believe what she had suggested either, not in a million years could she consider aborting one of her children if it wasn't necessary, also that it was her first child with Benny.