Prompt 2 : Nowhere To Run

Subprompt : Caged
Fandom : "Repent, Harlequin!" Said The Ticktockman (short story - Harlan Ellison)
Pairing : Everrett/Ticktockman

After Everett had gotten arrested, the Ticktockman put him under a strict schedule, metaphorically locking him in a cage full of endless alarms, little sleep, and no fun. It's not even that he hated the Harlequin, no. The Harlequin just stood for everything he was against, and that warranted punishment, from where he was standing.

"Please, let me out" Everett begged on the second day, the process already killing his spirit a little bit. "I promise I won't cause you any more trouble if you leave me be"

"I'm sorry, Harlequin" the Ticktockman apologized, and he really did mean it. "But, you broke the rules too many times" he explained. "So, this was the only way to make sure you don't do that. There's nowhere to run here"

"And if I decide to just sit still and not do any work?"

"I doubt you'll go so far but, if you do, we do have shock collars"

"You can't be serious" Everett replied, baffled at the concept. He knew the Ticktockman was strict, but physical torture?

"Dead serious" the Ticktockman confirmed, looking at his watch. "I have an appointment I need to be at in a timely manner, but my guards will keep an eye on you" he said simply before walking away, leaving Everett to sit and contemplate the rest of his existence.

There was nowhere to run, nowhere to hide... For that moment, the Ticktockman had won.