Prompt 22.5 : Stabbed

Fandom : Parkside Prison
Pairing : Jay & Gary
Chronology : During episode 1x04 immediately after Jay gets stabbed
Warnings : Mild blood, mention of past murder

Thumper lunged forward, sticking the knife right in Jay's stomach. Jay muttered something in panic and then collapsed. Gary felt sick to his stomach as he saw it- After what had happened with his mom's ex, he'd tried very hard to stay out of trouble. Not for fear of punishment, no. He already had a life sentence, it's not like he could do much worse than just being thrown in solitary for a little bit. But, he was so afraid of himself. Of what he was capable of.

Because of this, his reflexes on any sort of violence had grown very weak, and he didn't even process Thumper had a knife in hand until Jay got stabbed.

With a rush of adrenaline, he rushed forward, shoved Thumper away, and quickly kneeled at Jay's side, calling for a guard. This kid was just barely eighteen- Way too young to die. Thankfully, upon further inspection, Gary confirmed that the stab wound wasn't too deep and hadn't hit any vital organs, so he'd probably be fine. Still, the sight of his new friend bleeding out on the ground was more than a little worrying.

A few guards came over and dragged Thumper out of the yard. Another guard carefully lifted Jay off the ground and began carrying him to the nurse's quarters to get him bandaged up. Gary followed close by, worried that if he looked away from Jay for more than a second, something bad would happen to him.

You should've seen it coming he scolded himself. Don't fuck up again