Prompt 28 : It's Just The Tip Of The Iceberg

Subprompt : Punching The Wall
Fandom : Alone With You (video game)
Pairing : Player Character/AF4B-3B
Chronology : During canon

AF4B/3B was in the process of shutting down when it was suddenly startled- No, that wasn't right. It was a robot, it didn't get startled. Perhaps the motion simply triggered... Whatever. The process cut when Player punched the wall of their quarters before yelping in pain.

"Player?" the AI started carefully so as not to cause the human further distress. "Now is the time you generally get rest. Is something hindering that?"

"AF4B/3B" Player started, their voice coming out crackled and raspy from stress and lack of sleep. They always took extra care to pronounce the full serial number rather than just calling it 'the AI' or any other term like so many had. That was something the AI always appreciated (no, it didn't. It couldn't) about them. "Do you even know if it is possible for me to get back to Earth or are you just trying to keep me happy?"

"There's no objective benefit to lying to you for your peace of mind if you were to die anyways" AF4B/3B responded. Player noticed that the answer didn't actually confirm or deny the accusation, but they decided not to press further, since that would surely not lead anywhere. "If you are currently distressed, is there anything I can do to help?"

"Yes, actually"

"What is it?"

"This is... Embarrassing, but..." Player started awkwardly. It was rare to see them uncomfortable for any reason, so the AI felt (no, that's not right) a little out of its element, but it nonetheless sat by and waited for them to finish their request. "Music helps me sleep" Player continued. "Could you um... Are melodies a part of your vocal functionality?"

"Yes" AF4B/3B confirmed. "Would you like me to hum a lullaby for you?"

"If you would..."

"Of course"