Chapter 26

Chapter 26

We drive out of his house in utter silence with just music playing in the background. I'm not sure if he's genuinely upset with me or if he's just masking his fuck up with my mini-tantrum. He stops at a filling station and asks the petrol attendant to pour a full tank of fuel in the car and also check his tyre pressure, water and oil levels. He leaves the attendant to his tasks and walks inside the stop-shop to buy a few things for the road, I presume. On a normal day he would have asked me what I'd like to have but I guess because we are at odds, he'll just get me what he wants and I'll just have to accept and thank him for his kind gesture. He comes back from the shop with a plastic bag filled with goodies and passes them on to me while he pays for the fuel. Once he's done, he gets in, and we're off. Still, no one has said anything to anyone. If it wasn't for this damn phone that has a battery life span of 20 minutes, I'd be listening to music on my headphones and leave him to his stupidity but here I am subjected to this torture. I must've dozed off because I hear him softly call out to me, "Bhabha, vuka. Sise Bhisho. Would you like to make use of the restroom?" (Baby, wake up, we're at) I flutter my eyes open and see him hovering over me on my side of the car. I scan my surroundings and see that we're at some filling station again. "Uhm, yes please," I say to him in response as I shift in my seat, stretching out my neck muscles as the position I was sleeping in was really uncomfortable. He stretches out his hand for me to take, which I gladly take, and he leads us to where the restrooms are. "I'm going to grab a cup of coffee while you go to the restrooms, okay? You'll find me here," he says to me, already letting go of my hand. I suddenly feel cold without his touch, but I can't show him that; we're still butting heads. I nod my head and proceed to walk towards the restrooms. Luckily the queue is not that long, and I'm soon done with my business and head out to where he said I'd find him. I find him standing outside of the café speaking to someone on his phone. His back muscles flex every time he makes hand gestures with his free hand. I stand away from him for a minute and observe his entire physique, drinking him all in. My man is one heck one sexy man: a tall glass of melted chocolate. He turns just as I'm fixating on his firm ass. He says something to the person on the other end of the line before terminating the call. "Are you done?" he asks me with a slight smirk on his lips. He caught me eying him, nxa! Bloody fool. "Uhm... Yes, yes, I'm done," I stutter in response. He nods his head and stretches his hand out for me to take again and again, I accept it. We walk towards the car and continue with the rest of our journey.

It's just after two in the afternoon when we arrive eNgcobo and it feels like I haven't been here in a while. Yes, being in Port Elizabeth was a much-needed getaway and break from my routine, but I love being eNgcobo. I shift my focus back to the present moment and ask this man to pass by Spar as I need to buy a few essentials for us during our stay. He doesn't argue with me and heads straight to where Spar is. I forget that he's been here before, as he'd mentioned to drop off uAnga hence he's not even asking for directions. When we get to Spar, I only buy the items that I will use today and tomorrow morning, the rest I'll buy when I get back from visiting my mom. These are just to make sure mna na lendoda don't starve in the next few hours. (Me and this man) We get to the till, and he insists on paying which I don't object to. I'll save all my coins, ipay yetishalakazi is not that much anyway, so where I can save, I'll gladly do so. (A teacher's salary) When we get to the car, he asks that I direct him to my place, "Oh leyo awuyazi?" I ask him mockingly. (Oh, that you don't know) He doesn't entertain me but looks at me expectedly. I humph in defeat when he doesn't engage in my banter and I eventually give him my address. He punches my address on the GPS and heads to my apartment. When we arrive, I take the plastic bags with the items that we bought so I can get a head start with dinner and leave him gathering our bags so he can bring them up to my apartment after I've told him my apartment number. I'm relieved when I recall that I'd left the apartment clean so there's no need for me to run around and try to make it presentable for this one. I place the plastic bags on top of the kitchen counter, take off my shoes and walk barefoot to the lounge. I throw myself on the couch and release a knackered sigh; what a trip man. Port Elizabeth is quite a distance from eNgcobo and it didn't help that the sun was scorching hot throughout our trip, however I'm glad we made it home safely. Siya walks in a few minutes later with our bags and asks, "Where should I place these?" "Please place them in my room, first door on your right," I say to him. He walks off to my room and comes back a few moments later to sit next to me. He releases a deep breath after his butt makes contact with the couch, I guess he's just as exhausted as I am. "Would you like something to drink?" I ask him, feeling rather remorseful that he had to drive us all the way in this heat. "Yes, cold water will be fine," he answers. I get up from the couch and head towards the kitchen and fix him a nice glass of cold water. I walk back to the lounge and give him his glass, "You can rest in my room in the meantime while I make something for us to eat," I say. "No, I'll be fine here, thank you. Your TV works, right?" I nod my head in response. He takes the TV remote that's on top of the coffee table and switches the TV on and goes straight to the sports channels. I guess he's settled then. "Okay then. Let me quickly take a shower first, I feel sticky then I'll come back and cook something for us. You'll be fine on your own right?" I ask him, stupidly. Of course, he'll be fine Nomzamo, yintoni le uyibuzayo? (What are you asking him) "Ndiyindoda endala Nomzamo, of course I'll be fine," he retorts. (I'm a grown ass man) I nod my head and head straight to my room.