Chapter 42

Chapter 42

We slept rather late last night as we spoke about everything and anything that we could possibly think of relating to the babies. Now that we've started speaking about how our future is going to look like with the babies in it, I feel calmer and more secure and also excited as well. I'm hoping that we have a boy and a girl so that I can be done with this baking business at first dibs. I'm not planning on having a swollen belly, with swollen feet, a black neck, and swollen jugs often. I know that people say that each pregnancy is different, but I don't want to tempt fate, ndiright ngaba. (I'm okay with these two) We're still in bed and I just woke up. Siya is lying next to me so peacefully. Shame, umntu wam must be exhausted. (My love) Imagine having to drive between iNgcobo neBhayi in a space of two days, twice. (Port Elizabeth) Is nie pap 'n vleis nie. (It's not easy) I roll on my side to check what the time is on my phone, and it reads 09:25. Great. That's not too late nor is it too early either, meaning we can both laze around in bed for a bit. My bladder is full, and I need to go release it or else I'm going to mess up on this bed. I slowly peel the bed cover from my body and swing my legs to the edge of the bed. Just as I'm about to step off, I feel Siya's hand grab on mine before his groggy voice fills the room, "Uyaphi?" he asks me, with his eyes still closed. (Where're you going) "Bathroom sthandwa sam. I'm pressed," I respond, already shuffling the rest of my body up from the bed. (My love) "Mm. Uzukhawuleze ubuye, I miss you," he whines, releasing my hand from his. (Come back soon) I internally roll my eyes at him. He's been so clingy since he heard that we're expecting. If it's not him crying for disgusting sandwich, it's him wanting to cuddle in this heat. I need to see a gynae who can confirm how far I am because ingathi ezi nyanga zilandelayo zizonzima. (It seems that the upcoming months will be hard) Obviously there's nothing new with his behaviour, I mean I have said it before that he's an affectionate lover but now, yho he's reached new heights. (Wow) I make my way to the bathroom and get on with my business. As soon as I'm done, I quickly freshen up before making my way back to the bedroom. I find him still sleeping, with his body sprawled across the bed. I shake my head as I approach the bed. Yazi ucing'ba ndizolalaphi. (I wonder where he thinks I'm going to sleep) I get on the bed, sitting with my back against the headboard while my feet are hanging over the edge of the bed and I nudge him on his shoulder, "Mm," he groans. Uyadlala ke tana uzovuka. (He's kidding, he will wake up) "Baby, suka man. You're sleeping on my side of the bed," I protest. (Move) Instead of doing as I've requested, he grabs my wrist and drags me towards him and my body crashes against his, alarming me, "Nyukela," he orders, after letting go of my wrist, placing both his hands on my ass cheeks, squeezing them. (Climb on) With my heart thumping against my rib cage, I slowly drag my body upward and lay prostrate on top of him. I rest my head on the crevice of his neck, inhaling his earthy scent that is now mixed with sweat. He removes his hands from my ass cheeks and wraps his one arm around my waist while with his other hand he caresses my back. There's just something about being this close to him, listening to his heart that always leaves me filled with calmness, love, peace and joy. "Sleep well?" he whispers against my ear. Niyandazi ke, I get turned on by the smallest, most nugatory gestures from this man. (You guys know me) "Mm," I hum, afraid that my voice will sell me out. "And my babies?" he asks, brushing the side of my stomach. A broad smile spreads across my face as I raise my head from the crook of his neck to look at him, "They're doing just fine daddy." He closes his eyes as I say this and releases a throaty groan, "Phind'utsho." (Say it again) I giggle like a teenage schoolgirl as I feel his growing member twitch against my abdomen, "Daddy," I whisper. He stops brushing my back and lowers both his hands to my ass cheeks, squeezing both tightly. With my eyes now shut, I tug on my lower lip and release a low moan in response. He flexes his hips upward, gyrating and blood rushes to my nether region. I place my hand firmly on his hip to prevent him from torturing me any further. He stops and opens his eyes, just as I open mine and gawks at me, with his eyes now hooded and bloodshot, "I think you should get off me now," he says in a raspy voice. I chortle while nodding my head in agreement and slide off his body, reclining next to him, with my head on his chest. I snake my arm around his waist and bump into his protruding member on the way; I giggle yet again. "It's not funny," he mutters. "I'm sorry ke sthandwa sam," I humorously say. (My love) My stomach growls as we're laying like that, "Yho, abantwana bam balambile, let me go make breakfast for you guys. What do you feel like having?" he asks me, already getting up. (My children are hungry) Usandibuzelani xa kanti ngabantwana bakhe abalambileyo, not mna? (Why's he still asking me whereas his children are hungry, and not me) Nxa, bloody fool. I flip my body over and face the opposite direction with my back to him and aggressively pull the bed cover over my face and cry, silently. "Bhabha?" he calls out for me with a voice filled with worry. (Baby) Hayi, he must leave me alone. (No) I wipe my tears with the palm of my hand as the tears continue to roll down my cheeks. I hear some shuffling before his heavy footsteps draw nearer to my side of the bed. The bed dips before I feel his hand on my shoulder, "Sthandwa sam, yintoni ngoku? Ukhalelani?" he asks with a bit of concern and agitation in his voice. (My love, what now? Why're you crying) His tone of voice causes me to cry even harder and I start sobbing louder as my body vibrates aggressively beneath this bed cover. He can't be agitated. I hear him release an exasperated sigh next to me. He removes the bed cover from my head, and I feel his eyes boring holes on my skin, "MaDlamini, yintoni ngoku ingxaki sthandwa sam? Besi right ngoku. Ndixelele yintoni le ikukhathazileyo?" (What's the problem now, my love? We were okay just now. Tell me what's bothering you) I humph in frustration and open my eyes, glaring at him, "All you care about ngabantwana bakho, you're no longer concerned about me!" I half yell through the tears. (Are you babies) I see his eyes open wide with disbelief of what I'm accusing him of. I'm not accusing him of anything, yinyani. (It's the truth)