Chapter 35

Chapter 35

We both snap our eyes towards the direction of the voice, and we are met by a beautiful chubby lady, who's probably just a few years older than me. She's wearing a flowy quarter sleeve army green knee high maxi dress which she has paired with brown sandals. She has long braids, which she has let loose. She takes graceful steps towards us with a beautiful smile plastered across her face. I quickly wipe away the tear that just slid down my cheek with the back of my hand; I don't want her to see that I'm upset or that we're in the middle of something rather unpleasant. She extends her one hand toward me as soon as she reaches where we're standing, which is still by the gate by the way. "Nomzamo?" she questions. I force a smile and nod my head in response while latching my hand into hers. She lets go of my hand and looks behind me, oh Siya. I turn my head and join her in looking at him. She extends her hand to greet Siya, "Molo bhuti," but the idiot doesn't greet back. (Hello brother) He just looks at her stretched out hand, then shifts his eyes to look at her before shoving both his hands inside his sweatpants; I cringe. Hay nkos'yam uSiya is determined to embarrass me. (No, my lord) "Okay then," the lady utters awkwardly while retrieving her hand with her smile now gone. Damnit Siya! I thin my eyes at this one, almost threateningly however the idiot simply holds my glare and shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly. Mxm. I tear my eyes away from him and look at the beautiful lady before me, "Hi sisi, igama lam nguNomzamo and behind me is my partner, Siyabulela," I say to her as I try to defuse the awkward atmosphere. (Hi sister, my name is) The smile that was previously wiped off from her lips resurfaces and she shows her pearly whites that are perfectly aligned and enhance her beauty. Gosh, she's beautiful. "I'm pleased to meet you Nomzamo. Mna ke ndingu Yoliswa and this is my apartment. I used to stay here before I got married and moved in with my husband. I then rented the unit out to another lady who also recently got married and moved in with her husband," she says, smiling at me sweetly. (I am) "Wow," I respond to her. She chuckles lightly and starts leading us towards the house, "I know, right? Are you by any chance married?" Though the question is a bit invasive I respond to it nonetheless, "No!" I half yell. She throws a glance to my direction, with a look that emits shock and confusion at how quickly I responded to her question. "Well, this may be your turn considering that everyone who's stayed in this house has gotten married," she giggles. I say nothing and continue following behind her.

She unlocks the burglar bar, there after pushing the door open and walks in. I follow suit and walk into a beautiful kitchen that's painted in matte white with a floor that's covered in large white and silver marble square shaped tiles that accentuates the dark grey wooden built-in cupboards that have marble countertops. Opposite the kitchen entrance is a rectangular window just above the double basin sink where you can see some trees and neighbouring houses. On the left-hand side of the sink is a five plate gas stove that's positioned opposite a space which I assume is allocated for a fridge and some other appliance. "Eli likhitshi and it comes standard with the stove however the rest of the appliances you would have to come with. Over there is a space where you can place your fridge, and the washing machine," Yoliswa says while walking past the kitchen. (This is the kitchen) I look back to see if this one is walking with us or if he decided to stay behind and to my surprise, he's right on our tails. His eyes sweep across the kitchen area before they meet mine. He stares back at me with so much intensity that I end up cowering away when I can't hold his burning gaze any longer. I shift my focus back to Yoliswa who's now showing us the lounge area, which is also painted in matte white. It's a pretty simple space that can fit a TV stand, an L-shaped couch with a reasonable sized coffee table. I'm thankful that most of my furniture items will be suitable for this space. There's already a central WiFi and DSTV connection installed which will make things even easier for me, thank God. We move from the lounge area and head to the bedroom. The bedroom is rather big. She states that it can fit a double bed, two bedside tables and a bedroom bench. I get excited just thinking of how I could furnish this bedroom; I've been wanting to refurbish my entire bedroom, but I got demotivated as my current apartment is rather old so new furniture wouldn't do it any justice instead it would look out of place. The bedroom walls are decorated in a light grey paint where one wall occupies the built-in wardrobe that has ample storing and hanging space; a girls dream come true. The bedroom has an en-suite bathroom that comes with a bathtub and a shower with a vanity just opposite the shower that has a basin and a huge round mirror that almost covers the entire portion of the wall above it.