53~House Parties

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me? I promise we would have fun," Kachi asked for the third time that morning.

Aria sighed as she folded his shirts and placed them into the open suitcase on the bed. "You'll be back in four days. Let's make plans for when you return," she said.

"This woman doesn't even like me o. Four days is a lot of time without you. I don't think I'll be able to function well." He tugged her against him, distracting her with kisses.

"Stop. You'll miss your flight." She laughed, pushing him slightly. "I shouldn't have listened to you last night when you said we should postpone this packing."

"I'm talking about important things, like wanting to spend time with you and you're bothered about missing flights. Besides you didn't complain when I was distracting you."

"Four days will pass quickly." She zipped the bag and turned to face him, throwing her hands over his shoulders. Kachi's hands enveloped her waist and pulled her closer. "You'll be back before you know it."

"God! You're so mean." He pouted before placing a kiss on her lips. "We'll talk everyday on video call, okay?" He picked up his bag and began walking, Aria's hand in his. When they got out of the apartment building, Usman was waiting for them.

Aria watched as Usman shut the trunk and then Kachi got into the car. Soon, they were off. She felt a slight pang in her chest and wished she could run after the car. Letting him go alone was a bad idea. She'd never been to Abuja and this would have been a fine occasion for a baecation.

She sighed, pulled her phone out and dialed Pete who answered on the third ring.

"Who is this?" he asked. "You've been a stranger for weeks so I'm guessing lover boy finally left town?"

"Stop jor, you know I tried to stay in contact."

"Wahala for people who don't have serious relationship o," he said then laughed bitterly. "Yinka has started again."

"Want to meet up for drinks? We can catch up and I'll listen to every complain you have about her."

"Fine, I'll text you an address."

***

Two days had passed without Kachi and Aria admitted she felt down. She missed him a lot and although they talked daily like he promised, it still wasn't enough. She'd gotten used to seeing him every night that she was now suffering from some form of withdrawal. Pete had suggested she accompanied him to a house party to get her mind off things and she agreed.

Now that they were there, she was regretting it. Everyone seemed to have come with a plus one and what was supposed to be a party slowly turned into a couples thing with people paired off in corners.

"I should probably go home, this place is not doing anything for my mood," Aria said to Pete. She'd texted Usman to come pick her and he said he'd be there in half an hour. Staying home was much better than this, at least she could bug her man with phone calls there. She hadn't even told Kachi where she was going so calling him here was out of the question.

"Guys let's play a game," he suddenly announced and slowly, he began to garner the interests of the people around.

"What kind of game?" someone asked.

"A drinking game of course." And just like that, they began setting up. Someone placed a cup in her hand then opened a bottle of vodka and poured for her. Aria thanked the person and gulped down the drink, hoping to get a nice buzz and then head home.

The people playing moved to a different room. Someone pulled her in and the door was shut. Her vision blurred for a few seconds and she shook her head, waiting for it to pass but it didn't. She didn't realize that the game had started so when it got to her turn, she couldn't even place the game they were playing.

"Drink! Drink!" someone hollered and the other people echoed it. Another drink was placed in her hands and she was forced to drink, else the other players would have a fit. Pete gave her an apologetic smile and sat closer to her.

"Focus on the game, babe. I don't want you drunk, I have to—" his voice was rudely cut off by the sound of his phone ringing. "Hello," he said as he answered the call. "I can't hear shit." He placed the phone against his chest and turned to face Aria. "I'll go outside and take this call."

She wanted to tell him she didn't feel good but her vision blurred again and she must have passed out. By the time she opened her eyes again, the room had emptied, except for one guy. She remembered he was the party host and had tried to start conversation with her a few times.

"Where's Pete?" she asked then groaned when her head began to hurt.

"He left. He asked me to take care of you," the guy said.

"Left? He went to make a phone call." She tried to stand but her body swayed and she felt dizzy. The guy caught her just before she fell and he grinned at her. "Thank you. I'll go now."

"Go?" His smile widened. "We finally have the place to ourselves and you want to leave? Why? I saw the way you were looking at me."

Aria didn't understand what he was saying and she wanted out. However, the man's grip on her waist tightened. She felt like she was watching herself from outside her body and she couldn't do anything. The man pressed a kiss against her lips, then down her neck and soon he was tugging on the strap of her dress, pulling it away from her shoulder.

"Stop." She tried pushing him, but the man was tall and way bigger than her. She couldn't escape his hold. He moved them back until her body was pinned against the wall and soon his fingers started exploring. She didn't understand why he wouldn't stop and how this was even happening to her. What part of her short conversation with the man had made him think she'd want this?

Tears gathered in her eyes. "Peter! Help!" she yelled and the man's eyes widened in alarm. He'd not thought about the possibility of her screaming.

"Quiet," he growled, his fingers covering her mouth. He stared at the slightly opened door in worry and Aria took her chance. She bit his fingers and in the next minute slammed her knee into his groin. The man yelped and bent down, clutching his member. Her body felt slow, too slow for her liking but she ran.

His fingers caught her dress strap but she didn't allow it stop her. She'd rather he rip it than giving him the chance to do horrible things to her. Distantly, she heard the fabric rip but she kept running until she was in the living room and didn't stop until she was outside the fenced compound. She heard Pete's voice calling her as she ran, but she didn't stop, not when she could see Usman waiting in the car.

The man startled when she pulled open the door and got in. "Go," she said, adrenaline fueling her words and actions. "Let's go home."

His gaze held hers in the rearview mirror and she'd never seen him look that murderous. "What happened to you ma?"

"Just fucking drive!"

***

Initially I wanted to make the asshole her ex, but I changed my mind.

Don't get mad at me for doing this to Aria.

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

Please vote and comment.