Chapter 10

ADITYA

My eyes kept following her scintillating beauty which shined like a diamond amongst all the pebbles. Her long black gown with a tint of silvery shine, glimmering, shining makes her stand so uniquely out of the crowd. Indeed she knew how to stand out.

I picked a glass of champagne from the tray a waiter carried passing by. I took a small sip from the flute and tried to look at her beauty through the glass and golden yellow champagne. Her diamond bracelet shone even more as I watched her through the glass. My lips automatically curved upwards.

I took another sip and saw her moving her sexy waist as she moved carefree. The perfect fit of her dress enhancing her assets even more. I picked another glass of champagne and gulped it down in one go and again looked through the empty glass. I chuckled as I tried to understand what made me more drowsy. If it was her beauty or the champagne.

A strong thirst to see her face engulfed me. I was never interested in women beyond their body. But it's the first time I was interested to see a woman's face too. She was tall, sexy and beautiful from behind. The perfect night gown on that hour glass body, her straight silk like hair so lush...so beautiful left open...not too long...not too short...just above her mid back....she already looked so appealing.

My legs automatically walked in her direction without my knowledge. I noticed she was talking to Haya and I smiled knowing the fact that, Haya could introduce her to me. Just when I was about to approach her I heard the most annoying voice ever.

'Excuse me Sir!!!'

Ughhh!!! I rolled my eyes.

'Not now Aman!!!' I said without even turning around.

'But Sir...it's really really urgent! Please Sir!' and I fisted my hand and turned around. What a waste. Instead of admiring a beauty I'm looking at this donkey!

'Whattt???' I asked and he gulped saying

'Ummm Sir!!! Remember the engagement ring...the...the one that your grandfather gave your grandmother? The one he gave you for your bride!!!'

'Come to the point Aman! My grandfather gave me that ring!!! And I gave it to Mom so she could use it during Adhik's wedding because I'm never going to marry!!! Everyone knows it!!! Now come to the point!' I said and he gulped saying

'Ummm Sir!!!Thhhat...that ring is ma...ma...miss...missing!!!' he said and my eyes popped out.

'Whatttt??? Are you crazy??? How did you loose it?' I was pissed. It was my grandmother's wedding ring which my grandfather wanted me to have but I gave it to Adhik. Damn it!!! I didn't think he would choose that for his fiance. Fuck!!!

'Where did you loose it?' I asked and he swallowed saying

'I...I don't know Sir! I'm sorry Sir...it's just that...it's...I didn't know Sir. Please don't fire me Sir. I was in the garden area where the engagement was planned but now-'

'I don't fucking care about the engagement! Nor do I care about the engagement ring. Get a fucking damn ring and don't let anyone come to the garden area. It's a precious ring. Get the ring ceremony done here!!!' I said and suddenly Mom came towards me asking what happened. I told her to get the engagement done here in the hall instead of the garden area.

'But how will you find it? I'll ask the maids to help-'

'No Mom! It's an uncut diamond ring to add on its an antique piece. I'll find it. Don't let anyone know about it. Please manage some other ring for Adhik's fiance!' I said and she nodded.

I started walking towards the garden area. I asked Aman to make sure not to let anyone in the garden area. I had to make sure no one gets the ring. Damn it!!! I couldn't loose the ring. It wasn't just about the diamond, it was Dadasa's dearest. I knew I don't have any plans to marry to that didn't mean I loose such a priceless gift. I didn't believe in true love but the only true love story I ever came across was of my grandparents and I couldn't loose the key to it. I began searching for it in the garden.