Chapter 12

Hazel

I crashed Hayden's meeting between him and Markus after Kailani dipped. There is no way she can change my mind, Elizabeth's dangerous and there's no way to know what more she can do. I jump making him jump "I call you back. You shouldn't be here Hazel. I thought you'd be with the girls." he says making me scoff.

I walk up to him and sit in his lap facing him "Sorry baby

I walk up to him and sit in his lap facing him "Sorry baby." I say making hims groan as his hands find my ass. He studies my face "What are you doing? I thought you didn't want a relationship?" he asks making me smirk. My arms wrap around his neck "I've been thinking. You've put up with me for a year... Why?" I ask making him sigh as he grabs my hands. He kisses them and looks at me "Because Hazel I've known about your personality for years. I wasn't going to let your brothers death get in the way of my admiration for you. You're my mate and i'm happy with that. Now let me ask you, why haven't you killed me or kicked me out of your bed the last couple of months?" he asks making me roll my eyes. Why'd I fall in love with him? I got so used to him, the banter during training, the tension during missions.

I studied him this whole year too. He catered to my every emotional need. He gave me space when I needed it, he kept me at peace when I was arguing with the parents, and he took me out to eat when I needed to not wanted. Before he sleeps he moves my hair out of my face then turns around. When he's concentrating he sticks out his bottom lip, when he's frustrated he whispers under his breath something in Indian, and when he wants to tell me he's next to me he grazes my hand. The last couple months when they opened up a room for him I couldn't let him leave, I got used to him being next to me every night. But I couldn't give him the impression that he was more important than the end of Elizabeth, for Liam's sake. I get up and sit on the slab "I needed the room for Kailani. I knew she'd come so I just thought you'd be more comfortable with me than sharing a room with Kai." I say making him scoff as he nods tensely.

When I get downstairs the next morning Kailani walks in trying to intimidate me. I smile "What can I help you with Stark?" I ask
sling her scoff as she plays with her hands "Who do I need to talk to in-order to get through your head that you can't kill Elizabeth?" she asks making me laugh before the dads walk down "It's not her choice it's ours. We just needed her to find her location." Brian says making me roll my eyes.

" Brian says making me roll my eyes