chapter 15

Brian's POV

      When we found out we were having Hazel it was in the middle of battle. The day our father died. The day our mother made the ultimate sacrifice and killed the first hunter threat to our family. My Chloe was the most beautiful, powerful, and important thing in my life. We started as enemies then became lovers. She's what made me better. I knew Hazel was going to be badass with the hunter gene. She was going to be the most powerful vampire in the family. My only concern was that Chloe didn't want children with me because we had one drunk evening together.

      When she told me, it was before my mom was staked after killing one of her. She looked at me with a cut and blood almost dried in her skin. She takes a deep breath and I hear a whimper escape her lips "I-I'm pregnant B." she says as I fall to my knees. The most badass and beautiful woman was going to have my first child. I thought it would be impossible since only certain vamps can reproduce with each other. She comes to me and kneels "Are you okay?" she asks making me sigh "Why did you wait to tell me now?" I ask making her tears start to fall "I didn't want things to hit the fan after I told you... I didn't want you to take me out, even though we both know you would've lost that fight." she said as I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly.

" she said as I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly

Now:

When we drag Hazel back to our room Chloe sits down in front of Hazel. I pace back and forth continuously stopping them starting up again. This is my daughter, we knew she didn't want to be a mother the minute Liam was born. She didn't have the mother instinct, she tormented the poor bloke. Chloe starts talking to her and then Hazel brings me back to reality "We're having this baby whether you like it or not." she says making me snap "No! It can't happen because it's rare." I say making Chloe sigh "You're hallucinating! You can't really expect us to believe that you're pregnant so fast. You barely accepted him as a mate. It took us years to have you." she says making me sigh.

       Hazel yells and then stands up

Hazel yells and then stands up. Chloe beats her to the door and stands her ground "We're going to the doctor to approve this. Because there's no way that you can go from not wanting to be a mother at ten to all of a sudden being happily pregnant at twenty three." she says before moving to not let Haze touch her. I look at her and try to put a smile on her face, "Baby you can't be mad at her for long. She's the only child we have and this could be our only grandchild." I say making her roll her eyes. She gives me the death glare I learned to love and admire when she's being a girl boss.