Chapter 8

Hayden's POV:

I had to know more about her. She's my mate after all, yeah she doesn't have feelings right now but I think I can change her mind. I just have to get to the topic of her brother. I have to break her out of it and make her feel. She doesn't seem like a killer even though her exterior and wardrobe says otherwise. I read up on her family, they even took a survey on the kids and she came out on top of each one. Most ruthless, feared, sarcastic, beautiful, and precise. Markus wants her as his heir because her powers are rare and can be perfect of taught properly to oversee new vampires. Sure she's fast but if she gets faster she can spot new ones even faster and use her eyes to find their body signatures.

I see her looking at the other girls train. She so focused but her face seems uninterested. Maybe she's daydreaming. I get to look at her face without looking like a creeper to her. Hopefully she doesn't see me staring. She's beautiful. The moment she walked through the doors I smelt her, I left my body squirm when I saw her but she felt off. Not lovable like I imagined finding my mate would be. I'm a hunter, a vampire hunter. My parents aren't as rare but being put up for adoption was pretty normal in our case. Luckily my sister ended up finding me and brought me here. Some say she's a doppelgänger but I haven't seen anyone with her face.

      She blinks and she turns her head "Why don't you take a picture it'll last longer

She blinks and she turns her head "Why don't you take a picture it'll last longer." she says making me smile "How old are you? Twelve?" I ask making her suck her teeth "Well when you have a family like mine you tend to grow up faster so yeah maybe." she says and it shocked me. Is this how vamps usually are with their humanity off? I sit next to her and she lets out a loud breath "I didn't really want you to sit next to me." she says making me chuckle before saying "Well i'm the only friend h have right now so I guess you're stuck with me here." She looks at me and rolls her eyes "What do y want? Did your puppet master send you?" she asks making me raise and eyebrow "Metallica fan?" I ask making her nod.

She doesn't say anything until the girls leave the room in sweat and blood. She licks her lips and I nudge her "When did you last feed?" I asked and she shrugged "A lot has happened within the last couple of days forgot I actually needed something to survive." she says before getting up. I grab her wrist and she yanks it away "Look Holden, Don't waste your time with me. The last thing I need is another person walking out of my life unknowingly... Plus you're face isn't that hot." she says before walking away. She humbled me really quick, because most of the girls want me.

One year Later:

She's been here for a year. No one has visited her. She's been with the brothers for months training her skills and body. She finally got used to the idea of me being her other half but it's just flirting for right now. She comes to my room after training most days and luckily today was one of those days. Where she's in a good mood.

"Hayden!" she exclaims.
"My emo queen." I say making her smile. She's leaving against the door frame.
"What can I do for you today?" I ask making her sigh. She sits but me feet in crisscross position.
"I'm ready to talk." she says and my eyes widen as the door closes and locks unexpectedly.
"You've certainly gotten faster." I say making her giggle.
"Actually I have another power. I can use the A/C to close doors." she says sarcastically and I nudge her.