chapter 18

Ingrid

      After Hazel left again I went to Luke. He had been texting me three times a week to check up on me. That is if I actually end up texting him back. He hugs me as I walked in "So I haven't seen you in a while... Catch me up," he says as I sit on his bed and wait for him to give me a cup while he sets out a plate of snacks to eat. I laugh even though I feel like he gets awkward eating around me. It's still surprises me that he knew of my family and I didn't know about him. He sits down as I sip on my cup, "Well Hazel left again... I don't know exactly why though... Kaiden and Jazz are officially going out and Avery is going back to school with me, Jazz and your brother," I say making him nod as he munches in his pop tart.

I didn't tell him about the kids or Hazel being a tribrid because of obvious reasons. I'm trying not to trust easily since Hazel isn't around to protect me and Stiles have me weird vibes when he found out we were mates. Speaking of which, Cain called the other day but Hazel was busy trying to rescue Hayden. I don't understand her anymore. She leaves him after sacrificing her position in our high order just for him. Apparently I was second choice but I don't think I can do it without her. I'm in my own world most of the time especially when i'm away from family. I look at him and smile "What about you? You only ask about me and dodge my questions... What's up with you?" I say tracing with his tattoo on his arm.

I feel a smile but never look up at him. He sighs "I have an opportunity for a movie in Brazil... It's for six months and I need to pick my female lead... I was wondering if you'd be in it?" he says making me look at him quickly. I laugh thinking he isn't serious until his face says he is and I stop, "Luke... I'm just a vocal artist. I dance and sing only, I can't act to save my life. You can ask your brother and jasmine," I say making his brows furrow together. Obviously mentioning his brother isn't a good idea, I would feel weird if Haze ended up being paired with Jack for her mate. Or me with Hayden.

- A year later -

      I came to surprise Luke on set one day since I wasn't scheduled and I found out he was cheating on me. I confronted him but after that I didn't remember anything. My own powers were useless against me after I figured out that I wasn't in control of my own body. I was trapped to the point that I can see everything happening but couldn't do much. He wasn't using my body for sexual pleasure but for collateral. I hear everything but it echos and all I comprehended was "take down Kaiden Levi."

Kaiden Levi? What kind of name is that. It couldn't be my Kaiden, I really hope not. He's been a great leader and protector since his mom and dad passed away. I remember when Josephine finally slipped into her death. Kai was silent for a week, him and Jasmine disappeared for a month after that. When he came back Jasmine was turned and he was ready to lead without distractions. He gotten way better at it with the help of Brian. Cole became the enemy in Japan is on the run from Markus and his brothers. Kai had no choice but to disown him.

At night Luke sleeps next to me and touches my forehead and we just talk. He talks to me as if I don't know what he's doing. Fortunately he doesn't know that since the age of thirteen moms been sending tutors with the same ability to prepare me for this. He starts about asking how my day is.

"It's great baby... Was wondering if I can go visit Cole in Japan, he needs to be watched over for a while." I say making him shake his head as he sighs.

     He's so handsome it hurts. I really wanted to love him. I thought i'd finally get the love my dad and uncles spoke about. The bliss of  having someone for life, unlike any mundane relationship i'd have. Apparently this one is superior; forever and intense as ever. I thought he'd be different than his brother but I guess not, they're both evil and I needed a way out. I should've talked to Stiles, he was clearly giving me signs. He would help me, I know it, but Luke never lets me leave the house. Just to the studio and back with the occasional lunch meet ups to keep me appearing as alive.